Seeking Help JioFiber booking and KYC incomplete issue

Digital Mastermind

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My uncle has booked Jio Fiber in his town. He booked as there was some independence day freedom offer

So, after booking, the concerned jio person came and did inspection of the premises and said the connection can be installed

Now, today was the promissed date for installation, and the concerned person said that KYC has not happened yet due to server issues and hence installation cannot happen today.

Now my question is that, does installation happen only after KYC completion ??? Or can the installation happen first and KYC can be done afterwards...

Pls anyone who knows the process can reply

He booked as there was some independence day freedom offer
FYI, the Freedom offer is only for AirFiber. JioFiber postpaid installation was always free and no offer is going on for it.

Refer this thread for more info:

So, after booking, the concerned jio person came and did inspection of the premises and said the connection can be installed

Now, today was the promissed date for installation, and the concerned person said that KYC has not happened yet due to server issues and hence installation cannot happen today.

Now my question is that, does installation happen only after KYC completion ??? Or can the installation happen first and KYC can be done afterwards...

Pls anyone who knows the process can reply
The Jio sales person do the KYC first after someone booked JioFiber/AirFiber and then as per the scheduled installation time, a Jio technician visits the location for installation.

The booking process is pretty seamless and the new connection payment can only be done after completing the KYC.

The KYC process is very fast if done using Aadhaar since it acts as both POI (proof of identity) and POA (proof of address). May I know which identity document your uncle provided?

Basically, the payment can not be done and engineer visit can not be scheduled without completing KYC. So if they are saying those things were done so either it can really be a server issue or they are giving excuses to delay the installation. I don't know. 🤷‍♂️

KYC - Know your customer is necessary for activating Jio mobile postpaid services on both Airfiber and Jio Fiber. Every customer have to complete KYC within 24 hours after the booking.

Just for everyone's information, Aadhar Servers are currently under maintenance and many services which requires aadhar authentication are either facing slowness or down at the moment.. I can confirm that being an e-governance operator.. So the technician might be saying the fact that the KYC could not be completed yet.

Both Jio App and Jio Website when you go to booking page, before it says freedom offer for even Jio Fiber.

Isn't that misleading? Why show such an advertisement at the first place...

Both Jio App and Jio Website when you go to booking page, before it says freedom offer for even Jio Fiber.

Isn't that misleading? Why show such an advertisement at the first place...
No, I don't find any mention of JioFiber on the offer banner on Jio website or MyJio app banners. It clearly has a AirFiber tag everywhere. Can you share a screenshot of what you are getting?

This is what I get on Jio website and app.

ikuoSpG.png

App:

TQpQlsL.png

N52goeH.png

IMG-20240814-194806.jpg

This is what comes up with u click on GET JIO FIBER option.

While there is a no jio Fiber or air fiber tags on this

Back
Top Bottom