OTF Exclusive JioCinema New Ad-free Plans Launched

I got the Jio Cinema premium along with my Jio AirFiber connection as well
IMG-1246.jpg

App is now restricting playing more than 4 devices at same time in family plan. Earlier there was no limitation of number of devices playing at same time even in premium single device plan.
Screenshot-20240510-180638-Jio-Cinema.jpg

Screenshot-20240510-181402.png

Screenshot-20240510-190054.png

Last edited:
This clearly shows how the free, ad revenue plan utterly failed … That’s why they again changed to their jio policy ridiculously under priced it for 29,89
Even if it is 59 still under priced for one device with the content they have ..
I don’t think the prices will be same for long time anyway enjoy when we can ✨
Netflix for the longest time said no ads and then after the pandemic they introduced AVOD (Advertising-based Video On Demand) plans.

So shall we assume Netflix failed as a SVOD (Subscription-based Video On Demand) service?

No. Netflix just wanted additional revenue.

Netflix makes more money on their Ad-supported plan than their Standard plan.

Netflix for the longest time said no ads and then after the pandemic they introduced AVOD (Advertising-based Video On Demand) plans.

So shall we assume Netflix failed as a SVOD (Subscription-based Video On Demand) service?

No. Netflix just wanted additional revenue.

Netflix makes more money on their Ad-supported plan than their Standard plan.
The fun part is comparing jio cinema with Netflix 😂
I am only saying ad based strategy is failed for jio cinema not streaming industry
That’s why I they removed ad based subscription plan and introduced cheaper pricing than 999 ad based plan
If the ad based strategy of jio cinema is successful why they completely removed it and introduced cheap plan
It is clearly a flop that’s they just implemented the routine jio strategy in streaming

I am only saying ad based strategy is failed for jio cinema not streaming industry
That’s why I they removed ad based subscription plan and introduced cheaper pricing than 999 ad based plan
If the ad based strategy of jio cinema is successful why they completely removed it and introduced cheap plan
It is clearly a flop that’s they just implemented the routine jio strategy in streaming
They follows Hotstar way in initial days, 1st they give free access for some years/months to establish their app, then turns to cheap plans like Hotstar @ Rs.365/- per year

Last edited:
The actual fun part is not knowing how the streaming industry works and not reading enough about the financials behind it.

AVOD platforms generated Rs 21,900 crore while SVOD platforms earned Rs 9,900 crore. JioCinema, with its new Rs 29 monthly subscription plan, captured 29.6% of the total revenue generated by OTT video platforms in the fiscal year 2023-24.

Following that, Prime Video and Mini TV accounted for 18.9%, Disney+ Hotstar for 12.8%, Netflix for 6.5%, and Aha Video for 2.4%. Zee5 and SonyLIV both had a revenue share of 1.8%.

Prime Video, Hotstar and Netflix has been in the market for several years with their subscription plans.

So a ad-based subscription platform like JioCinema made more money but according to you they failed because they introduced subscription plans.

Correct?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock