OTF Exclusive JioCinema New Ad-free Plans Launched

Jiocinema premium is now showing more ads than ever before in ipl live matches. Now they are also showing ads when changing commentary language, unskipable ads is must when starting live stream because at that time viewers attention is more, when changing one live match to another, sometimes when changing different camera mode. Earlier they don't show ads in birds eye view camera mode. Now very big ad banner in commentary live feed in vertical mode in mobile.
Earlier people were not subscribing due to expensive plan but now a good percentage of people have subscribed the monthly plan even then we are facing more ads now. Now I'm thinking free version was much better than this so called fake premium plans 😏.
Jio should show tons of ads for free users now but they can't do the same with their premium plan subscribers (at least not in 89 plan) because in their plan advertisements ad free was the main selling point and not the cheap plan.
They remove ads in premium entertainment and put these ads in free IPL😀

Thanks bro. Like other customers in Jio premium showing Rs.29/ 89 for premium in Jio fiber STB also.

29 price is very cheap which everyone can subscribe but app is buggy
Quality and Content both are less compared to Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney+Hotstar regional quantity, Apple TV quality.

Being home grown, having it's own production house and backed by Ambani, I would expect high budget webseries and Blockbuster Indian movies. I just subscribed Apple TV and watching SEE series, top notch making and efforts without disturbance. Then understood Apple is Apple, Orange is Orange..

Jio Cinema content should grow, such a way, foreign people asking to dub in their language.

Last edited:
Quality and Content both are less compared to Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney+Hotstar regional quantity, Apple TV quality.

Being home grown, having it's own production house and backed by Ambani, I would expect high budget webseries and Blockbuster Indian movies. I just subscribed Apple TV and watching SEE series, top notch making and efforts without disturbance. Then understood Apple is Apple, Orange is Orange..

Jio Cinema content should grow, such a way, foreign people asking to dub in their language.
They are ready invest in big budget shows, but they are hold now due to Viacom18-STAR merger by next year. So, we can expect these shows on merger app(Jio Hotstar) by next year only, in mean time they are launched cheap plans for Jio cinema app.

Last edited:
Two questions.

1. How many of you paid for Sony Liv when they offered sports totally ad-free and charged ₹499 for everything?

2. How come no one expected ad-free sporting event during cable and dth era? How are streamers supposed to make back the money spend on acquiring rights?

₹29/month is too expensive. 🤢👎🏼 It should be ₹2.9/month. I guess then everyone will be happy. 😍👍🏼
It needs to be free for Jio users.
For Non jio users Rs.50 per month. This will make people to port to Jio and position it's market well..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock