Discussion Jio Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) discussion thread

Anybody faced problem when you are on Vowifi, two times i got issues when my number was showing "phone switch off" message to others when they were calling me, had to restart the phone to restore the service.

After following up for couple of weeks on Twitter, I finally have VoWiFi on my Jio number.

uFdjwtw.jpg
Apparently, it was nothing to do with the Jio CC. It was my router DNS, that was causing the VoWiFi to not work. I use AdGuard DNS on my router and Jio VoWiFi isn't working on it. As soon as I switched to Google DNS, it started showing up. I changed the DNS on my phone for some other reason and this shown up and I thought Jio CC did something. However, when I switched back to AdGuard DNS, this was gone again making me realize it is the DNS that's causing it. So, if any of you are using custom DNS (Like AdGuard) and not getting VoWiFi on Jio, try Google DNS.

I cleared oemlogkit app data and uninstlaled updates to that app, but I'm still getting VoWiFi on my Jio SIM on OnePlus 7T. Maybe rolled out officially..?
IVu13hJ.jpg

IVu13hJ.jpg

Apparently, it was nothing to do with the Jio CC. It was my router DNS, that was causing the VoWiFi to not work. I use AdGuard DNS on my router and Jio VoWiFi isn't working on it. As soon as I switched to Google DNS, it started showing up. I changed the DNS on my phone for some other reason and this shown up and I thought Jio CC did something. However, when I switched back to AdGuard DNS, this was gone again making me realize it is the DNS that's causing it. So, if any of you are using custom DNS (Like AdGuard) and not getting VoWiFi on Jio, try Google DNS.
That's nice.

Last edited:
Nothing on my OP7
It's been working on my OP7 for a month flawlessly after I manually enabled the vowifi switch from the logkit. It's a fairly simple process.

It's been working on my OP7 for a month flawlessly after I manually enabled the vowifi switch from the logkit. It's a fairly simple process.
I uninstalled updates to logkit and still getting this.

Jio VoWiFi will be available on the following Xiaomi smartphones by March 2020:
  • Poco F1
  • Redmi K20/Pro
  • Redmi Y3
  • Redmi 7/7A
  • Redmi Note Pro - 7,8
Redmi 8, 8A and Poco X2 have been added to this list...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock