• Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 6,159

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday my mom called me on my Airtel number from her Jio number. Call connected through Wifi mode and then i called her back from my Airtel number, my call was also connected via Wifi.

There was no voice during both the calls. I think some kind of testing both companies doing.

Mobile devices:
Mine is Galaxy S10+ and her is Galaxy A50

Both supports Wifi calling facility with inbuilt Samsung dialer. Also, network of Jio and Airtel are in VoLTE with stable connectivity.

After these two times, it never happened again till today.

4efsO4S.jpg

IQE2tkM.jpg

Which city? I spoke with Airtel executive and they said that VoWifi is currently confined to Chennai and Bangaluru areas only.
No luck for me in Mumbai.

I can only see VOLTE1 logo in screen shots above?
For Vowifi it shows VoWIFI and operator name on notification has wifi written at end.

I can only see VOLTE1 logo in screen shots above?
Only first SIM (Airtel) has VoLTE.
For Vowifi it shows VoWIFI and operator name on notification has wifi written at end.
I wasn't aware of that since i never made VoWifi calls. Is the VoWifi icon appears on Samsung phones as well? I saw the Wifi icon on caller app so thought its VoWifi call.

Found another thread: DDF Exclusive - Airtel VoWiFi enabled on OnePlus 7T

The VoWifi comes when we expand the phone task bar otherwise it just shows VoLTE. The screenshot on other thread is from OnePlus device so might differ.

If it happens again, i will make sure to capture screenshot opening the task bar.

Fun fact: Both of us were talking to our moms and it happened.:D

I saw the Wifi icon on caller app so thought its VoWifi call.
Ok I missed that small icon completely..
Need this vowifi badly as my area RWA won't allow new tower at any cost. Taking calls is big pain(need to run to window in just one side of home).

Fun fact: Both of us were talking to moms and it happened.:D
Lucky Vowifi charm.

Airtel stopped VoWiFi testing in Bangalore completely... Maybe launch near..

finger crossed! Much needed.
All my family sim'll get ported to one who launches first.
I am not doing long term recharge coz of this.

Hi! Please be informed that this offer is not available for you as of now in prepaid. However, I'll pass it along to my team, and we'll surely take it into consideration moving forward. Thank you, Girisha

Reply from Airtel Customer Care in Delhi NCR about voWiFi

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock