Breaking Jio TV (Cable TV) - Important Updates

I asked my local jio executive and he said that " The box provided by jio will have jio tv app. It will stream on internet like normal jio app on smartphone. Upon asking about data usage by app he said that the app's data usage will not be taken into account.'' So may be they will give something like a freepass to jio app. Means jio tv app will have unlimited access to data.
Local employees need not know everything.Many staffs who doesn't had knowledge that we had(while we catch latest updates from DDF etc)

No. TRAI order is applicable to IPTV also. Hence they may have changed their plan.

Otherwise you also think, why would they collaborate with cable operators and take their signals if they could provide Jio TV app ???
Does Hotstar, Solyliv, zee5 come under IPTV category? as they provide channels for a very low price. There are others like Yupp Tv who doesn;t seem to apply TRAI rule.

Does Hotstar, Solyliv, zee5 come under IPTV category? as they provide channels for a very low price. There are others like Yupp Tv who doesn;t seem to apply TRAI rule.

They don't provide live channels. It's only some shows and series. It's OTT.

Yupp TV is not Indian company. It's headquarters is in Alpharetta, Georgia. So I don't know if TRAI rules are applicable to them.

These apps are directly distributed by the broadcasters. I believe they can decide, at what price they can sell their services when they are selling directly to the customer. However, when an LCO is involved in the middle, they must sign an RIO and sell them according to the TRAI rule. Yupp TV, although is operating from abroad, if they are selling their plans here, they must follow the TRAI rules.

They don't provide live channels. It's only some shows and series. It's OTT.

Yupp TV is not Indian company. It's headquarters is in Alpharetta, Georgia. So I don't know if TRAI rules are applicable to them.
Livechannels are there in sonyliv and zee5 for paid plans.Hotstar gives live channels to jio subscribers only. As siva bro said, I think if an LCO or MSO is not involved, it doesnt come under TRAI umbrella. Yupp TV should follow TRI rules though

Livechannels are there in sonyliv and zee5 for paid plans.Hotstar gives live channels to jio subscribers only. As siva bro said, I think if an LCO or MSO is not involved, it doesnt come under TRAI umbrella. Yupp TV should follow TRI rules though

U answered it bro. Paid plans. The broadcasters are earning from it. So they don't need lco. U pay them directly.

Jio can't give Jio TV for free to watch on TV as it will come under IPTV. Mobile they can provide as there are already other providers. But it's only limited to be used on phones and cannot be casted on TV

How come Jio TV, Airtel TV and Vodafone app are not regulated by TRAI? All comes complimentary with mobile plans.

How come Jio TV, Airtel TV and Vodafone app are not regulated by TRAI? All comes complimentary with mobile plans.
TRAI cannot control Apps or Internet till now. They only control licensed networks in India like DTH and MSO cable tv. Apps have no license fee in India till now and can bypass TRAI rules.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock