Good News Jio Fiber to home in Bangalore (Whitefield Area)

• Thread starter Zero7
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 45
  • Views: Views 24,095
So in IPTV u can watch unlimited TV ??? And there will be no buffering ???
Yep, wired is different from wireless/4g.
Airtel also launched iptv on adsl tech where one could watch it like normal tv no data was counted. But it flopped due to low adsl speed.
Jio is on fiber so setting aside 10-25mbps from 1gbps fiber is easy peasy.

Danger lies to Bharti Airtel Broadband services and it customers..
Airtel Broadband customers will be the first one moved to Jio Fibre cause it provides better plan and services than Airtel in the coming days..
Its good for the broadband customers..

Danger lies to Bharti Airtel Broadband services and it customers..
Airtel Broadband customers will be the first one moved to Jio Fibre cause it provides better plan and services than Airtel in the coming days..
Its good for the broadband customers..
I also thinks the same.
Yep, wired is different from wireless/4g.
Airtel also launched iptv on adsl tech where one could watch it like normal tv no data was counted. But it flopped due to low adsl speed.
Jio is on fiber so setting aside 10-25mbps from 1gbps fiber is easy peasy.
Ya as I know the data for IPTV is not counted.
And, yes wired connection is more stable as compared to wireless as no speed fluctuations take place. As I have Tikona it's speed keep fluctuating. Where as in Tikona fiber Broadband in office is quite stable. And, also it's same as cable keep running in bad weather but DTH stopped due to bad weather.
Also no internet ban is on these network. Like today in my city all wireless connection were ban only wired Broadband connection were started.
It's going to revolution!!

Last edited:
Jio has started laying cables within the apartment now. They are bringing main cable inside and installing junction boxes for each floor. From there, subscribers will be connected individually with optical fiber.
I find the planning and workmanship is better than Airtel and ACT so far. One problem I see is, you will see many junction boxes in the apartment complexes compared to Airtel and ACT, but cabling will look better. If the apartment is designed well by the builder with proper provisions for cabling, you are better off. Will share further updates, as it progresses. Estimated completion for cabling the whole apartment is about 1 to 2 weeks

Zero7 bro Kindly share some photographs when work being done,and what is total amount they are asking for connection speed ,no of boxes they will provide at home etc ,if they are providing TV box also or only broadband box?

Zero7 bro Kindly share some photographs when work being done,and what is total amount they are asking for connection speed ,no of boxes they will provide at home etc ,if they are providing TV box also or only broadband box?
Yes, will share the pics and details in couple of days, may be during the weekend.
Regarding the boxes they provide, I feel it will be a longer wait. May be in August after they officially launch. I was told that internet box (modem+router). and TV boxes will be provided. It's ₹4,500 deposit for internet with 3 free months of service

This is not going to affect dth unless initial cost is less than 2000/-... most people may not want to pay high cpe costs. If jio heavily subsidises the box or give it on rent, and keep the monthly cost starting at 200-250/- then dth operators need to worry. But it may not happen. Fiber is not so cheap and it takes lots of money and time to cover big areas, not like radio. Ambani being a big shot, permissions from govts/municipal corp etc to dig roads, and other public areas might be very easy to get. Kaun panga lega ambani se.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock