Discussion Jio eSIM activation experience

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 22,936
I'm facing same issue, all the steps were performed correctly but I didn't receive final and most important 32 digit activation code. Since I did the tele confirmation call where I'm supposed to type 19digit esim number to confirm, my physical sim has lost network and I didn't even get esim activation code. Am just stuck with no number currently which sucks. Only if Jio had seemless system like Airtel or Vi.
To get my problem solved I called 199 (jio customer care) and spoke to customer care representative, they said me to wait it out for another day. I hope this problem gets sorted
Out.
Don't trust CC. Go to a Jio store and they will fix it in no time.

I'm facing same issue, all the steps were performed correctly but I didn't receive final and most important 32 digit activation code. Since I did the tele confirmation call where I'm supposed to type 19digit esim number to confirm, my physical sim has lost network and I didn't even get esim activation code. Am just stuck with no number currently which sucks. Only if Jio had seemless system like Airtel or Vi.
To get my problem solved I called 199 (jio customer care) and spoke to customer care representative, they said me to wait it out for another day. I hope this problem gets sorted
Out.

I am also facing the same issue, did you get the activation code.

I am also facing the same issue, did you get the activation code.
Got to an outlet. They will help you. Jio's automated system won't work and CC doesn't have any idea. Don't waste your time.

@venky how is the network experience after transferring the number to e-sim? Any speed changes or coverage changes??

As Google Photos are going to stop free UL photo uploads from June, I am thinking of moving my wife's Jio number to e-sim to gain the SD slot (Jio-eSim, Airtel-Sim2, microSD card) in her Samsung S20+, with the assumption that hybrid slot will become as good as triple-slot with the help of e-sim.

@venky how is the network experience after transferring the number to e-sim? Any speed changes or coverage changes??

As Google Photos are going to stop free UL photo uploads from June, I am thinking of moving my wife's Jio number to e-sim to gain the SD slot (Jio-eSim, Airtel-Sim2, microSD card) in her Samsung S20+, with the assumption that hybrid slot will become as good as triple-slot with the help of e-sim.
For me Jio E-sim is working without any issue. The concern I have is the support for Esim in case of some issues and chances of getting the profile deleted for some reason (which is rare) during this pandemic situation.

support for Esim in case of some issues
what could be issue, other than accidental deletion of profile.

I am sure andoid/ios developer will make some preventive measure like entering phone password/unlock code while deleting profile. havent we used rcom cdma for years,which were as good as E-sim phones?
@kanagadeepan, till e-sim comes to budget phones, or LYF branded cheap jio 5g phone, u wont see any coverage/other issue in e-sim any of samung/apple/top manufacturer.

what could be issue, other than accidental deletion of profile.

I am sure andoid/ios developer will make some preventive measure like entering phone password/unlock code while deleting profile. havent we used rcom cdma for years,which were as good as E-sim phones?
@kanagadeepan, till e-sim comes to budget phones, or LYF branded cheap jio 5g phone, u wont see any coverage/other issue in e-sim any of samung/apple/top manufacturer.
There can be N number of issues that can come across. When I visited the store, there was a customer who was complaining about Data not working in E-Sim. He contacted support and they told it was due to some plan issue. When I met him there, he was frustrated and the store guy had to get the profile erased and re-added to get the issue fixed.

Even I have a friend who is facing an issue with calling a certain number. The phone rings and once the other party picks up, then it's a complete mute. Both are Jio numbers. Support says it's the issue with the Sim and needs replacement. When we informed them about E-sim, they still want to proceed that way.

So issues can pop up at any time, nothing is error-free. But if we get good support for such issues, then that would be really helpful. I'm basically from a village and in most of the stores accessible to us, E-sim is an unknown technology.

Just want to share an experience on Jio Esim activation

My friend bought a Pixel 4a and wanted to have Esim activated for his existing JIO connection so that he can use both his sims. He did all the steps mentioned by Jio and got activation code, Esim number etc. As per their procedure, we will be getting an SMS after 2 hours placing the sim upgrade request and we have to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no to a number 183.

In our case. we got the confirmation SMS and when we tried sending SMS to 183, it didn't work. We trying everything including restarting the device, changing sim, nothing worked. So we contacted Jio on Twitter. We got 3 support incidents and the first guy asked us to get PORT code by sending SMS to 1900.
We tried to make him understand, but no luck. Again retweeted and got another lady on the phone who presented us with migration option from prepaid to postpaid (donno where this migration came from). At last, we called up support and got someone who said Aadhar is required for ESIM. At this point, we dropped our plan migrating to ESIM.

Just imagine if activation part itself sucks, means if something doesn't work wi†h ESIM, we will be done. Anybody else tried ESIM activation or already using it?

I tried To convert my physical Sim to eSIM via online process and had a very bad experience same as you tried multiple number of times it’s not working out getting a call from Jio and I’m not able to enter my eSIM number , voice call is getting disconnected automatically automatically

I tried To convert my physical Sim to eSIM via online process and had a very bad experience same as you tried multiple number of times it’s not working out getting a call from Jio and I’m not able to enter my eSIM number , voice call is getting disconnected automatically automatically
Jio is not technically sound enough to do a eSIM process online it is still lacking the technical expertise

Jio is not technically sound enough to do a eSIM process online it is still lacking the technical expertise
As a matter of fact, even Airtel is not technically strong enough for that, imho. VoId has no eSim facility, in my circle afaik.

In my case, my wife has Airtel (Corp Postpaid) and Jio (Prepaid) in S20+ and tried to free the Hybrid slot to use the dedicated microSD card, by converting one number to e-sim. My first choice was Airtel as I thought they are very technically strong (had good experience with their dedicated experienced CC for COCP Corporate connections) and Airtel no is our primary number. But I was wrong, even after trying for one whole week, they can't convert the number to eSim. Problem is Airtel wants the e-mail id to be mapped to that particular number for eSim verification (security purposes - a good thing though). But since ours is Corp connection and my number is the main in the account, the e-mail ID is mapped to my number only. Ideally the e-mail has to be mapped to all the numbers in the group, but they can't do anything.

Then as per the suggestion given by @venky , I tried to convert Jio to eSim by visiting DX Mini store. They just asked for the aadhar card (QR scanning) and took one photo for ID verification. After the uploading process, they said the number will be changed to eSim in 2 hours. But within 15 minutes, eSim started working for Data as well as Outgoing calls (incoming calls not working initially). But Within the said 2 hours, the incoming calls also started working, with nothing need to be done from my side (apart from the SMS confirmation during the initial 10 mins).

So from my experience, I recommend to convert Jio to eSim by visiting their store, than Airtel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock