Discussion ICC Media Rights Auction

What if Viacom18 won then it's not loss making deal ?

Viacom18 itself survive in market from multiple fathers, whereas Star Sports Network 30 years experience broadcaster in Sports Broadcasting Market and Sports 18 is just 5 months old baby. Even Voot subscription service utter flop and shutdowns anytime from some crap contents.
RvBYh68.jpg
as of now voot is a weak contenderndor but it ddefinitely wont be next year after it launches as a super app. Tata neu is already showed market path that reliance has but no other contenders have

as of now voot is a weak contenderndor but it ddefinitely wont be next year after it launches as a super app. Tata neu is already showed market path that reliance has but no other contenders have
IPL is just 2 months window, Viacom18/Voot don't have Good contents for other 8 months. Hotstar Survived in Streaming Market just because varitey of contents like Disney studios movies, Star wars, Marvel series and local hotstar specials series. without these contents Hotstar too nothing front of other Streaming platforms.

sports 18 has to go for remaining cricket rights like WI / NZ , Neo did the same in 2010 and went for NZ rights.
Sports 18 has to show they have something to show in cricket , then only they can earn profit and go for higher profile tournaments.

Am happy with star retaining IPL and ICC events, as they as reaching the matches in villages with their religion channel.
But for BCCI matches, i expecting a change, as SS PQ is not good for BCCI matches. Sony should get BCCI matches and Sports 18 go for other countries rights, then it will good for cricket fans.

we yet to know Sports 18 PQ for cricket, and we already know sony's excellent pq for aus / eng crickets. So i hope Sony should get BCCI rights.

we yet to know Sports 18 PQ for cricket, and we already know sony's excellent pq for aus / eng crickets. So i hope Sony should get BCCI rights.
Sony&Zee combine can't compete with STAR or Viacom18 in bidding race. Soon they will out of live cricket.

IPL is just 2 months window, Viacom18/Voot don't have Good contents for other 8 months. Hotstar Survived in Streaming Market just because varitey of contents like Disney studios movies, Star wars, Marvel series and local hotstar specials series. without these contents Hotstar too nothing front of other Streaming platforms.
im not at all taking about disney plus. its clear disney plus is the next netflix but im taking about other contenders like APV or zee5

im not at all taking about disney plus. its clear disney plus is the next netflix but im taking about other contenders like APV or zee5
Paramount+ and Universal+ may join Jio's super app with Voot content and IPL from next year.

Paramount+ and Universal+ may join Jio's super app with Voot content and IPL from next year.
launching paramount separately itself is a dumb idea that always paramount prefers. regarding peacock it doesnt have india presence they must tie up with reliance to compete with disney

Don't worry Sony have Legend cricket league Rights, hope this time people understand how Broadcasters matches airing with fog/bad weather.
Nothing can change from Sports18 or Sony. Same pathetic PQ of BCCI home matches aired on Reliance's Jio TV, Star Sports and hotstar.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock