IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who will win the IPL Media Rights for 2023-2027 cycle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GZDSRhf.png
Hotstar streams IPL 8 seasons acquisition Value is below 2,000 cr, whereas Viacom18 paid 10 times more 23,758 Cr unbelievable, don't know how they will recover the investment🤷‍♂️

Hotstar streams IPL 8 seasons acquisition Value is below 2,000 cr, whereas Viacom18 paid 10 times more 23,758 Cr unbelievable, don't know how they will recover the investment🤷‍♂️
By launching a sports only OTT platform. If they make IPL available in 4K. They can charge double the amount Hotstar is charging now.

Meanwhile I think Star overpaid not Viacom. I am already looking at people cutting cord of their cable and DTH. They are switching to broadband. With prices of mobile data increasing day by day. People are switching to broadband. If they have broadband I don't see them paying for linear tv.

By launching a sports only OTT platform. If they make IPL available in 4K. They can charge double the amount Hotstar is charging now.
But it will take long time to reach every mobile, if Viacom18 or Jio inks deal with other telecom companies to offer bundle OTT plans, it will give huge boost to Viacom18 new OTT Reach.
Meanwhile I think Star overpaid not Viacom. I am already looking at people cutting cord of their cable and DTH. They are switching to broadband. With prices of mobile data increasing day by day. People are switching to broadband. If they have broadband I don't see them paying for linear tv.
No, TV remain primary entertainment source for Indians, middle class families away from broadband they can't pay that much money, once cable and DTH package price decrease it will huge benefits for both people and television industry.

No, TV remain primary entertainment source for Indians, middle class families away from broadband they can't pay that much money, once cable and DTH package price decrease it will huge benefits for both people and television industry.
Agree .. I'm not sure with cable but DTH will remain atleast next 10 to 15 years that's why dth firm are bundling with broadband & ott with tv package 😎

The biggest challenge for Viacom is not to have seperate OTT but how to make customers subscribe the same for 12 months..... People who can afford Fibre/OTT are already onboard (accelerated due to Covid) and this will not grow exponentially in next 5 years.... Infact if Inflation Continues to rise this Segment may start pick & choose OTT subscriptions.....

The biggest challenge for Viacom is not to have seperate OTT but how to make customers subscribe the same for 12 months..... People who can afford Fibre/OTT are already onboard (accelerated due to Covid) and this will not grow exponentially in next 5 years.... Infact if Inflation Continues to rise this Segment may start pick & choose OTT subscriptions.....
Don't worry Die hard fan of this so called league will help them to overcome this issue

To add to that, Hotstar managed to add just 5 million subs with such a low entry point plans as well ie., also bundled with multiple Telecom partners which Viacom18 can't do. They will be placing this as an entry point for Jio. Let's see how successful they will be.. If they manage to add even 10 million subs it's a win for them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock