IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who will win the IPL Media Rights for 2023-2027 cycle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Package D
Territories wise

Territory 1 - Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean, Israel, and South America.. Winner- Viacom 18

Territory 2-Middle East and North America,
Winner- Times Internet

Territory 3-South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa
Winnner- Viacom 18

Territory 4 - United Kingdom and the rest of Europe
Winner- Viacom 18

Territory 5-United States of America, Canada, and a few other countries
Winner- Times Internet

What YouTube holded a digital rights in past 😱😱 .. wow i didn't knew it till today yes we're in feature phone era that time though 😅😅
If I am not wrong. They only aired highlights on YouTube. Matches weren't live?
feZCg5S.png

Earlier bcci used to stream all international)domestic matches on bcci.tv with 5 mins delay. That time there was only tv rights were auctioned.
After starting of IPL, times internet/You tube were also telecasting live matches with 5min delay i.e an over delay than tv.

But after digital revolution with the entry of jio, the auctioning of digital rights with this much much of price was invetible.

After 15-20 years, we will see only digital rights for auction.

Meanwhile I think Star overpaid not Viacom. I am already looking at people cutting cord of their cable and DTH. They are switching to broadband. With prices of mobile data increasing day by day. People are switching to broadband. If they have broadband I don't see them paying for linear tv.
This scenario only works if the OTT subscriptions are bundled with broadband plans. No one wants to spend any extra money on subscribing OTT's on top of broadband charges. IMO, linear TV is not going anywhere for at least next 10 years. Yes, Star overpaid it and so did Viacom18 as well.

This scenario only works if the OTT subscriptions are bundled with broadband plans. No one wants to spend any extra money on subscribing OTT's on top of broadband charges. IMO, linear TV is not going anywhere for at least next 10 years. Yes, Star overpaid it and so did Viacom18 as well.
Digital reach will cross TV after 5G fixed wireless broadband launch from next year, so Jio can absorb(gives free) Voot app (Viacom18 OTT ), but STAR not give free at any cost.

Last edited:
Digital reach will cross TV after 5G fixed wireless broadband launch from next year, so Jio can absorb(gives free) Voot app (Viacom18 OTT ), but STAR not give free at any cost.
Nothing will be free in 5G era. 5G will take at least 3 years to penetrate into every household after its inception. May be areas with no wired BB feasibility will benifit from WiMax (Fixed Wireless BB).

Jio will promote Paramount+ and Voot/JioTV/JioCinema will be merged into it. Streaming sports for free at the prices they purchased rights will not happen I guess. Digital will definitely cross TV, but there's still time for that to become reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock