Seeking Help I should buy a 4G or 5G smartphone?

If you can increase the budget a little bit, Moto G54 is also a great option. I am using one (12+256GB version).

I thought Moto cannot bring a better phone than my G62 and I was totally wrong. I bought Moto G54 mainly for Vo5G, but later Moto provided the same to G62 as well in Android 13 update (which is received after the purchase of Moto G54).

Moto G54 has surprisingly good cameras for a 15k range phone, whereas G62 had Potato Cameras only. Even the front camera and 8MPx macro photos from the UW camera (also has got AF) is so good (slightly boosted colors, which most people prefer). Phone charges fast with the given 33W charger, even with 6000mAh battery. Software is also good with "Secure Folder" (reason I got the 256GB version) and zero ads / non-removable bloatware. It already has all the goodness of G62 like Stereo speakers, 3.5mm jack with Dolby Atmos (works in loudspeaker as well), IP52 splash water resistance, light weight, case & fast charger in the box, etc.

You can go for 128GB version itself, as it comes with 8GB of RAM, which is more than enough, imho. You can even use microSD slot for storage expansion. I am using 256GB card and there are zero issues. I bought the light blue variant, which looks lovely. Green is also looking cool.

If you can increase the budget a little bit, Moto G54 is also a great option. I am using one (12+256GB version).

I thought Moto cannot bring a better phone than my G62 and I was totally wrong. I bought Moto G54 mainly for Vo5G, but later Moto provided the same to G62 as well in Android 13 update (which is received after the purchase of Moto G54).

Moto G54 has surprisingly good cameras for a 15k range phone, whereas G62 had Potato Cameras only. Even the front camera and 8MPx macro photos from the UW camera (also has got AF) is so good (slightly boosted colors, which most people prefer). Phone charges fast with the given 33W charger, even with 6000mAh battery. Software is also good with "Secure Folder" (reason I got the 256GB version) and zero ads / non-removable bloatware. It already has all the goodness of G62 like Stereo speakers, 3.5mm jack with Dolby Atmos (works in loudspeaker as well), IP52 splash water resistance, light weight, case & fast charger in the box, etc.

You can go for 128GB version itself, as it comes with 8GB of RAM, which is more than enough, imho. You can even use microSD slot for storage expansion. I am using 256GB card and there are zero issues. I bought the light blue variant, which looks lovely. Green is also looking cool.
Yes both are good phones. But question is Moto G84 is VoNR compatible?

Moto G84 5g _ at ₹16999 (12+256)
Moto G54 5g _ at ₹14999 (12+256)

Please suggest a phone with good call quality. Most of the phones I've held have had bad signal issues or poor implementation of VoWiFi. This phone is primarily for my parents.
AFAIK and experienced in Motorola handsets network signals in rural areas r very bad.. samsung also not good in rural areas.. I am living in rural area ..bought all these brands and so found it..
Vivo, Lava,infinix, few Redmí (not all) Realme having good network signals capacity...

use lava 5g. i do not know what lava has done but the mediatek modem is super, great network reception better than my costly Pixel 6a. And Lava is a delight to use on Jio 5g. they automatically switch to VonR which I am experiencing for the first time.
they have bloatware free 5g phones from 10k to 13k. Other phone I would recommend is Moto g 54/84 but I have not used them in recent times.

AFAIK and experienced in Motorola handsets network signals in rural areas r very bad.. samsung also not good in rural areas.. I am living in rural area ..bought all these brands and so found it..
Vivo, Lava,infinix, few Redmí (not all) Realme having good network signals capacity...
Motorola used to have bad reception and bad build quality (especially the plastic frame) in Moto One Fusion+, but now everything is changed for good. Now the 5G signals in my current G54 as well as old G62 is great. Much much better than my wife's S22+, which was almost 6 times the price of G62. Even 5G speed is much better than S22+ in 90% of places.

I hate ads on phones, so I prefer Motorola and Pixels (or at the max Samsung). Lava is also a great option as they are also providing clean UI.

Wrt network coverage, Pixels are the worst offenders, imho (especially for 5G).

Motorola used to have bad reception and bad build quality (especially the plastic frame) in Moto One Fusion+, but now everything is changed for good. Now the 5G signals in my current G54 as well as old G62 is great. Much much better than my wife's S22+, which was almost 6 times the price of G62. Even 5G speed is much better than S22+ in 90% of places.

I hate ads on phones, so I prefer Motorola and Pixels (or at the max Samsung). Lava is also a great option as they are also providing clean UI.

Wrt network coverage, Pixels are the worst offenders, imho (especially for 5G).
Fine...
On ads
I am /we r using Redmí phones since more than 3-4 years now...Xiaomi is hated for ads...strangely i didn't get not a single one bcoz there r ways to block them and did it successfully...now we r using 5 Redmi phones in our house without getting ads... I am using RN 10 Pro RN note 11 and RN 12 note pro+5G... really I need some additional setups tweeks likes of second space,dual apps in UI and don't like plain ones...
Anyways it depends on personal choices..

really I need some additional setups tweeks likes of second space,dual apps in UI and don't like plain ones...
Anyways it depends on personal choices..
Yeah. That is also now available in budget Motorola phones. Samsung has "Secret Folder" in higher end A series and flagship phones. Motorola at first had that same as "Secure Folder" in their Edge series earlier. But now it is available in G54 as well as G62 (after Android 13 update).

I am using "Secure Folder" as dual apps only and hence bought the 256GB variant.

Simply put, Secure Folder = App Locker + Dual Apps. Same goes for Samsung's Secret Folder. Heard that "Dual Apps feature" is natively coming to Pixels via Android 14, but NOT 100% sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock