Guardiola: Madrid are better than us

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,080

BaLaG

Reaction score
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has insisted Real Madrid are currently the better side ahead of their SuperCopa second-leg clash at Nou Camp on Wednesday.

The two Spanish arch-rivals produced a thrilling 2-2 draw in the first-leg at the Santiago Bernabeu last week.

And speaking ahead of the return clash, Guardiola has played down his side's chances as he believes Jose Mourinho' side have the advantage.

"In the first-leg, Madrid were better, in these three days we have improved some things, but I believe they are still better," he was quoted as saying in Spanish daily Marca.

"That is the feeling I have, but every match is a story. If the return leg were in two weeks, it would be different. We will have to play better than we did at the Santiago Bernabeu to win the Supercopa.

"We will have to play with the kind of speed we could not put in our game the other day. Three days have passed, we have trained really well."

Meanwhile, new signing Cesc Fabregas is set to make his Barcelona bow against Madrid on Wednesday.

But Guardiola remains coy over whether the former Arsenal captain will start.

"We will see tomorrow [Wednesday]. He has trained very well, a lot of time alone, and also some bits with the team," the coach noted.

"He will surely be in the squad, but tomorrow we will see if he will play the whole 90 minutes or not."

more...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock