• Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,208

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing Wi-Fi coverage issues at my house lately. I was using a TP-Link Archer C6 ver 2.0 router for the last couple of years. I did a bit of research and found that TP-Link has introduced their Deco series mesh Wi-Fi devices that can streamline the internet connectivity across the house and we can also flexibly extend the range by adding more Decos to the network.

I needed something that has a future-proof technology so I checked all the available models in India. I found that only the TP-Link Deco XE75 has Wi-Fi 6E connectivity with a 6GHz network that can also be used as a dedicated backhaul for the Deco connections. Furthermore, I use an S21 Ultra as my daily driver that also supports the Wi-Fi 6/6E technology so decided to go for it.

Price:

I bought it for 12,499 INR during the Amazon Prime Day sale. With the Amazon Pay ICICI bank CC combined I will be getting a 5% additional discount (cashback) on the purchase during the next month's statement.

It is the costliest router that I have purchased so far and I am glad that it turned out so good!

Product links:

Amazon: TP-Link Deco XE75(1-Pack) AXE5400 Mbps Gigabit Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6E System Wireless Router
TP-Link website: AXE5400 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6E System

Note: I have received the latest ver 2.0 variant of this device.

Setup:

The setup process was very easy with the TP-Link Deco Android app. As soon as I turned on and connected the device using the app, I received a firmware update with some new features and enhancements (screenshot below). The app is very smooth to operate and provides complete control of the device. It is worth noting that the app access requires a TP-Link cloud account and the device can only be managed when we log in to our TP-Link account.

There is a web-based access too to configure the router but I found it to be very restricted.

Coverage:

Once the initial setup was complete, I kept the device in the place of my existing Archer C6 router. My coverage issue was partially solved, and now I get almost full coverage for the same floor. I plan to get one more unit or another Deco unit model in the future to extend the coverage further.

It is also worth mentioning that, unlike my previous TP-Link router, this Deco provides one single Wi-Fi network access for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz that automatically selects the band within the device based on the distance/area coverage. Additionally, if/when I get more Decos, all the additional Deco devices will also be linked to the same Wi-Fi network instead of creating multiple networks for each device.

Speed:

The Deco device gives the full speed as my ISP plan within the coverage. Overall I am happy with the speed.

Special thanks:

Many thanks to @vishalrao bro for helping me get my pre-sales doubts answered better than the TP-Link official support. :D He got this device when it was launched last year in India.

Final thoughts:

I'm very happy with this purchase as I shared with these initial impressions. If one is willing to spend on a high-end router I can definitely recommend this device. I need to wait and see how it performs in the long run.

Some Pictures:

The device's outer box:

kwMEk1Z.jpg

V9k7IFo.jpg

G2MmqI6.jpg

sS2iMQu.jpg

The device:

fyxX8Hy.jpg

DXMSMQY.jpg

zwI6w7u.jpg

TP-Link Deco app:

ubSF2TX.jpg

aDkFqZH.jpg

JXzDxtD.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations bro. You have explained very well about the product. Nice pictures too.👍

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock