Govt tells BSNL to look at options, including closure

Loss making BSNL is reportedly mulling to cut 54,000 workers by reducing the retirement age to 58.

BSNL may cut 54,000 workforce: Report
58 is also high, they should reduce it to 45 years so that there is fresh blood who understands the changing dynamics of the tech world unlike the outdated dinosaurs who sit around from 9 to 5 doing nothing and enjoying a fixed salary.

Privatisation is the only way
58 is also high, they should reduce it to 45 years so that there is fresh blood who understands the changing dynamics of the tech world unlike the outdated dinosaurs who sit around from 9 to 5 doing nothing and enjoying a fixed salary.

Put yourself at that hotseat. 2 hrs duty for 5 days in week, 70-80k salary at the end of month. And you are only 45 years age.

Are you ready to sacrifice your job ?

it is easier to say than done

Put yourself at that hotseat. 2 hrs duty for 5 days in week, 70-80k salary at the end of month. And you are only 45 years age.

Are you ready to sacrifice your job ?

it is easier to say than done
In that case the company should do regular skill based eval and audit of all employees at 45 and give 5 year extensions based on personal performance only to those who have cleared the audit. What's the point in paying employees with substandard service and then getting the company to point of bankruptcy and liquidation and then begging the government to infuse tax payers money in return for higher stake in the sinking company? I am not against the higher aged employees I'm against their lazy laidback approach.

In that case the company should do regular skill based eval and audit of all employees at 45 and give 5 year extensions based on personal performance only to those who have cleared the audit. What's the point in paying employees with substandard service and then getting the company to point of bankruptcy and liquidation and then begging the government to infuse tax payers money in return for higher stake in the sinking company? I am not against the higher aged employees I'm against their lazy laidback approach.

This new approach is much better than your earlier one. (y)

Best Option is to sell their infrastructure to Jio (Fiber and Cellular) and Airtel (Fiber and Cellular) and then close-down the business operations. (Provide backend support to the Airtel/Jio as per their needs until the deal is done 100%).

Reason: Jio itself would control the largest fiber network of the country if they buy the major stakes in BSNL. That's why, selling a appropriate amount to both Jio and Airtel (divided regionally) would be the best bet.

Airtel can take the North and East and Jio must take South and West.

Airtel has good expansion in the North (Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and Punjab) whereas Jio has their major fiber subscriber in the south (Mumbai).

P.S.: Even though they have clarified that they aren't going to close down. But just in case if they plan to do so. They should sell themselves to Airtel and Jio instead of selling any one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock