Govt tells BSNL to look at options, including closure

Atleast in my district LCO's provide FTTH to even the most remotest parts. BSNL is pretty much dead here either way since their daily fup plans are not going to make anyone run to get their connection. I was expecting BSNL to do good things now that Bharat Fiber is available in most villages and they no longer need to give reasons of less number of interested peoole etc. What do they do instead? Introduce daily FUP plans on a wired broadband. If anything FUP should not even exist in the coming years but BSNL is going backwards.

Looks like probably good news at least they will revert the daily FUP change to bring back monthly FUP on 777 and 1277 plans. The new plans will be called "500 GB Plan" and "750 GB Plan" respectively. Hopefully the circular will be implemented soon because it says "with immediate effect" in it.

Whats the initial cost for installation of Bharat Fiber (security + modem+ installation charges) ?

Can BSNL Be Shut Down? Losses Mount And Operator Mulls Idea of Reducing Workforce by 54,000

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), a public sector company and one of the largest telecom firms in India, is not profitable. After meeting with top BSNL officials, the govt asked the telco to present a comparative analysis of all options available including shutting down in case of no revival plan in place. To look at the figures and to measure the scale at which it is making losses, it is worth noting that in the 2015-16 and 2016-17, BSNL’s losses stood at Rs 4,859 crore and Rs 4,786 crore respectively. Whereas, in the 2017-18 FY, BSNL’s losses widened to Rs 7,992 crore. This figure translates to about 25% of the total PSU losses that the government is making from all its companies.

I went to take a ftth connection. Old aunty there behaved like I was a beggar. Later I met one younger guy and he told it will take about a month to give connection since no ONT is available. Came home, called my lco and got a ftth connection very next day. I hope bsnl dies very soon.

I went to take a ftth connection. Old aunty there behaved like I was a beggar. Later I met one younger guy and he told it will take about a month to give connection since no ONT is available. Came home, called my lco and got a ftth connection very next day. I hope bsnl dies very soon.
LOL yeah. That is the exact situation all over India after they tied up with LCOs for FTTH instead of going with direct way which obviously was either so late or never happening most of the areas.

Local guy said me, they divide 60-40 commission with BSNL hence they show up interest in installing and maintaining. Where as in direct way (BSNL self maintenance) even after getting full money BSNL doesn't give a damn about customers!

They took almost 1 month to active my new BSNL gsm sim last month, they were distributing sims free so took one for myself considering airtel was charging minimum fee but 1 months for activation in 2019, they are going backward in time :mad:

I have a similar story, went to exchange for broadband connect, called their numbers to get connection. Waited for two months nothing happened then booked a connection from a local ISP, the same day bsnl Employee comes to our house asking you want a new connection 😂😂😂😂😂 I said better luck next time

That's digital india 😊😊😊

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock