Govt tells BSNL to look at options, including closure

BSNL is the only ISP option in my area providing FTTH connections. If they close then no internet for me but still good. I hope someone like Airtel or Jio can provide me connections in my area after taking up the infrastructure of BSNL :D

BSNL should be converted as private and government collaboration. Then only BSNL employees will doing the job.
It's already private and govt collaboration only.60 percent of govt and 40 percent of private.it should be converted to private then only they will work

Atleast in my district LCO's provide FTTH to even the most remotest parts. BSNL is pretty much dead here either way since their daily fup plans are not going to make anyone run to get their connection. I was expecting BSNL to do good things now that Bharat Fiber is available in most villages and they no longer need to give reasons of less number of interested peoole etc. What do they do instead? Introduce daily FUP plans on a wired broadband. If anything FUP should not even exist in the coming years but BSNL is going backwards.

Atleast in my district LCO's provide FTTH to even the most remotest parts. BSNL is pretty much dead here either way since their daily fup plans are not going to make anyone run to get their connection. I was expecting BSNL to do good things now that Bharat Fiber is available in most villages and they no longer need to give reasons of less number of interested peoole etc. What do they do instead? Introduce daily FUP plans on a wired broadband. If anything FUP should not even exist in the coming years but BSNL is going backwards.
According to quora in my city BSNL charges same as other operators. But has below average speed.

Last edited:
Still there are a lots of ISP to choose for subscribers so no monopoly
yes, but ISP business with lots of burden on infrastructure how many survive against big players.
It's like making good startup & sold out to investing fund.

Ok found You broadband users numbers. Their user base is just below Hathway. They are 9th largest ISP. See here

Ref page 88 of TRAI report https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PIR08012019.pdf
So Reliance Jio is already number 1. Nothing to run away with then. And 7 lac subscribers isn't much, though they are at 9th place! Also, Vodafone-Idea seems to be in 2nd place already in terms of broadband subscribers. So they do have big base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock