General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Hi.

What is the lowest recharge to send PORT SMS in Vodafone (Delhi)?

Thanks.
fdRBYf7.png

Hi.

What is the lowest recharge to send PORT SMS in Vodafone (Delhi)?

Thanks.
bro- u can go for Rs 128 plan voucher where no free sms, but u can send sms Rs 1/ 1.5 (local/ STD) from main balance by Talktime recharge minimum Rs 10.
I had port out my 3 VI numbers to BSNL by recharge this, 15 days ago.

bro- u can go for Rs 128 plan voucher where no free sms, but u can send sms Rs 1/ 1.5 (local/ STD) from main balance by Talktime recharge minimum Rs 10.
I had port out my 3 VI numbers to BSNL by recharge this, 15 days ago.
Thanks. Recharged for Rs.155 today morning.

I did not want to take a chance to save Rs.17.

This is what I usually do for my secondary SIM. I have enlisted the procedure for both Vi and airtel, with the revised amounts of minimum recharge now. Note that validity / recharge amounts for Vi may slightly vary based on your circle.

Number retention technique for Vi (with Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 49. You get 14 days service validity.
  • Make an outgoing call on 14th day (last day)
  • From 15th day to 104th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. For the entire duration of 90 days grace period, you will continue to get incoming SMS (OTP, etc.), valid for Vi users only.
  • 104th day: Recharge Rs 49 for 14 days service validity again.
  • REPEAT the above procedure.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 14 day service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Vi Summary: So for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 104 days x 3 = 312 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 90 days x 3 = 270 days validity

Number retention technique for airtel (NO Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 19. You get 2 days service validity.
  • After 2 days, you get an additional 3 days service validity for free by airtel)
  • Make an outgoing call on that 5th day (last day)
  • From 6th day to 95th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. Note that airtel blocks selective incoming SMS (like from Banks, OTP etc.) but keeps sending their own promotional SMS.
  • 95th day: Recharge Rs 19 for 2 days service validity again.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 2 days + 3 days service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Airtel Summary: So for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 95 days x 4 = 380 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 90 days x 4 = 360 days validity

You may get the full details on TRAI "Guidelines" in the Consumer Handbook here:
This was released in the Year 2018. There has not been any further updated version released for Telecom Services yet.
Thank you very much, I was just checking whether the sms came or not, and found it still coming, your post cleared all my doubts. Thanks a lot. Saves lot of money. 😁😁👍🏼🙏🌹💝🌼💖🌈.

Thank you very much, I was just checking whether the sms came or not, and found it still coming, your post cleared all my doubts. Thanks a lot. Saves lot of money. 😁😁👍🏼🙏🌹💝🌼💖🌈.
Now a days this trick not working..
Because when your incoming calls are stopped then at the same time incoming SMS are also stopped...
I faced this problem that's why I am saying here...

This is what I usually do for my secondary SIM. I have enlisted the procedure for both Vi and airtel, with the revised amounts of minimum recharge now. Note that validity / recharge amounts for Vi may slightly vary based on your circle.

Number retention technique for Vi (with Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 49. You get 14 days service validity.
  • Make an outgoing call on 14th day (last day)
  • From 15th day to 104th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. For the entire duration of 90 days grace period, you will continue to get incoming SMS (OTP, etc.), valid for Vi users only.
  • 104th day: Recharge Rs 49 for 14 days service validity again.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 14 day service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Vi Summary: So for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 104 days x 3 = 312 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 90 days x 3 = 270 days validity

Number retention technique for airtel (NO Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 19. You get 2 days service validity.
  • After 2 days, you get an additional 3 days service validity for free by airtel)
  • Make an outgoing call on that 5th day (last day)
  • From 6th day to 95th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. Note that airtel blocks selective incoming SMS (like from Banks, OTP etc.) but keeps sending their own promotional SMS.
  • 95th day: Recharge Rs 19 for 2 days service validity again.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 2 days + 3 days service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Airtel Summary: So for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 95 days x 4 = 380 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 90 days x 4 = 360 days validity

You may get the full details on TRAI "Guidelines" in the Consumer Handbook here:
This was released in the Year 2018. There has not been any further updated version released for Telecom Services yet.
49 recharge is not showing in app.

The number retention technique still works, but now both for Vi and airtel in most circles, Rs 99 will be the minimum recharge. Hence, I had advised that now it makes more sense for the default "Rs 20 deduction to increase validity by 30 days" is the cheapest way to retain your number. Your main balance should be > Rs 20. So, a Rs 20 deduction per month is now cheaper than Rs 99 deduction for "28 days + 90 days grace period"

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock