General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rakesh M U
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,173
  • Views Views: Views 130,077
Thanks. I hope so that is the case.
As of now, do you know which all packs may be activated using Main Balance and the USSD Codes for the same? I used to do Rs 48 for 28 days with 3 GB Data, but now they have removed the service validity from this pack.
What are the other options and which all USSD codes work?

Tried asking Customer Care many many many times, but they purposely dont tell the USSD codes or give wrong codes.
Try contacting mail customer service. If they give you wrong code. You will have it in writing. You can take them to consumer's forum who will assure you get a refund. Just don't forget to highlight your circle name.

Customer Service is utterly disgusting. They give all wrong details even in writing on email.

Btw, has anyone tried or done Rs 95 recharge since/after 18-July-2021? I want to know if it gives only 35 days service validity or giving 56 days service validity. If anyone has done this recharge, please let me know.

I port out from airtel to vi. I got new 4G sim VI . But when I selected manually I didn't find VI 4G network. Only show Idea 4G. But I selected idea 4G I couldn't select it. Plz help in mp vi has 4G or not?

I port out from airtel to vi. I got new 4G sim VI . But when I selected manually I didn't find VI 4G network. Only show Idea 4G. But I selected idea 4G I couldn't select it. Plz help in mp vi has 4G or not?
Same happened with me when got the new sim, only 2G was working and manually couldn't register on Idea 4G. But it got fixed automatically after few hours. I think they need time to activate and process first recharge before starting 4G service.

Same happened with me when got the new sim, only 2G was working and manually couldn't register on Idea 4G. But it got fixed automatically after few hours. I think they need time to activate and process first recharge before starting 4G service.
Yes, airtel and idea has this problem. You can reach out to the Twitter team. They'll fix immediately.

Edit: Recently i noticed that VI moves you to 2g/3g if you don't recharge.

Recently i noticed that VI moves you to 2g/3g if you don't recharge
Yes, this has been the case since a long time. When your Outgoing Validity expires, you are moved to 2G network (or 3G if available in your area). You will also stop getting VoLTE as you are no longer on 4G network until you recharge again.

Last edited:
Yes, this has been the case since a long time. When your Outgoing Validity expires, you are moved to 2G network (or 3G if available in your area). You will also stop getting VoLTE as you are no longer on 4G network until you recharge again.
This is a cheap behavior. They promised lifetime validity and they couldn't maintain it. Now, they can't even provide 4G. Ridiculous.

This is a cheap behavior. They promised lifetime validity and they couldn't maintain it. Now, they can't even provide 4G. Ridiculous.
Yes. Agreed. And most places 3G is shut down. So I get only 2G network after outgoing expires. Until you recharge and get "Service Validity", they will keep you on 2G network only.
Very lame and stupid of Vi.

Back
Top Bottom