General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Lionsgate content is back now. But only dubbed content is available.

AK0HbkZ.jpg

I have joined Vi (not ported, brought new number), double data, weekend rollover, unlimited night were too tempting. Now have access to sim of all networks BSNL, Airtel, Jio and Vi. Network and data speed of Vi is good, just VoLTE doesn't seem to be available and yes OTF doesn't load for me as well.

What happens to the Main Balance if the company shuts down? I remember my Tata Docomo was 'merged' with Airtel, and the balance was retained as it is. I did not lost anything.

But if we are asked to PORT OUT to another operator, what will happen to the large Main balance that I have in my Vi Number?

I have joined Vi (not ported, brought new number), double data, weekend rollover, unlimited night were too tempting. Now have access to sim of all networks BSNL, Airtel, Jio and Vi. Network and data speed of Vi is good, just VoLTE doesn't seem to be available and yes OTF doesn't load for me as well.
Welcome to the Vi Family. Yes double data, night unlimited and night unlimited is too tempting. Earlier on Jio I had to download videos everyday. Nowadays I do it on weekends as I have more than 10-14GB data left.

You can get VoLTE option. Send mail to nodal officer of your circle. He will call you and enable for your number. I would suggest don't bother getting. This has lots of issues. VoLTE disappears in the middle of the call. So the call disconnects. Even sometime you are not audible to people.

But if we are asked to PORT OUT to another operator, what will happen to the large Main balance that I have in my Vi Number?
Main balance will forfeit if you port out. Don't worry about Vi shutting down. If it shutdowns someone will acquire the users.

Last edited:
Retaining the number is my only concern.
Using this number for a long time now and this number is registered with all sort of accounts.

Don't worry about Vi shutting down. If it shutdowns someone will acquire the users.
I understand someone will acquire the users, but will the Main Balance retain, that is my question.
When you say 'retain' - do you mean not porting, but acquiring like airtel acquired Tata Docomo users?

I understand someone will acquire the users, but will the Main Balance retain, that is my question.
When you say 'retain' - do you mean not porting, but acquiring like airtel acquired Tata Docomo users?
Yes, they should retain all the benefits.

Yes, they should retain all the benefits.
Thanks. I hope so that is the case.
As of now, do you know which all packs may be activated using Main Balance and the USSD Codes for the same? I used to do Rs 48 for 28 days with 3 GB Data, but now they have removed the service validity from this pack.
What are the other options and which all USSD codes work?

Tried asking Customer Care many many many times, but they purposely dont tell the USSD codes or give wrong codes.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock