Discussion General Discussions About Various Useful Apps

Recommend a serious news app without celebrity nonsense. Am using TOI for several years. TOI+ is great. Celebrity garbage pushes me away from that app.
I have been using this for a while. DailyBrief - Read the news like a CEO - Apps on Google Play

Good app overall, aggregates, summarizes each news from various reputed national/international sources and their editors curate it, not using algorithms.

In my sony SMART TV the watcho APP and MX Player nothing is playing even if browse through website. Is it because of slow internet as I am not using broadband and using normal internet from SIM. These used to play previously specially the Live channels on website. Any body can put light on the same.

Many of you might be using a dedicated password manager like LastPass, Bitwarden, etc. So is there any much difference between them and Google password manager to be worthy of keeping an additional app?

Many of you might be using a dedicated password manager like LastPass, Bitwarden, etc. So is there any much difference between them and Google password manager to be worthy of keeping an additional app?
I am not actively using it, but I did try the Bitwarden app last month.

Pros:
1) Open Source (Code available in github.com)
2) Allows local storage of data
3) Most main features are free
4) Has Firefox Addon (in both desktop and mobile)
5) Comparatively lightweight

Con:
1) Some features require payment (like the 2FA Authenticator section). I can suggest you a really nice open source (and free) alternative if you need one though.

As for the Google Authenticator app, we could not be too sure on whether or not it talks with the other G-Apps in our device. May be it does not, I am not sure. But with the amount of data mining Google does from us, I wouldn't be too surprised if it shares data with their other apps, or sends it to their servers (at least the names of the websites/apps that we have accounts on).

As for Lastpass, when I was looking up password managers last month, a few users had complained that some of its features that were previously free had now gone premium. Also, it is not open source.

Google who knows what they are doing with our password metadata? I’m not trusting them and now that I’ve got an iPhone I’m slowly moving everything out of Google’s knowledge.

Lastpass is that kind of an evil company that first baits you with features then later flips the switch to make it premium only. Avoid.

That being said, I’m using 1Password as it is provided for free by my company. All my passwords and TOTPs are on that app now. It is by far the most secure and private password manager ever because it has 0 trackers, compared to others that have 10 or more.. (I read about this in a research, can’t find link now)

Can anyone suggest me good Free Gallary app .
Used to using miui Gallary for years now switching to Google photo is very difficult for me.

xTbO1HD.jpg

vZSNzzC.png

I used an app long ago that used to show an overlay/pop-up of various ratings whenever we open a title on Hotstar, Netflix, etc. I forgot its name. I tried to find, but couldn't.
Found it! It got removed from PlayStore.

Just now got to know another ott subscription sharing named splitgenie ...
is this genuine or recieved as spam

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock