Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 114,923
'The Exorcist' Celebrates 50th Anniversary With New Trailer for 4K Release..

The Exorcist is being released in 4K Ultra HD and digital for the first time this Fall in celebration of its 50th anniversary.
The remastered edition includes both the theatrical cut and the director's cut of the film, with bonus features like commentaries and behind-the-scenes content.
The upcoming sequel, The Exorcist: Believer, will hit the big screen on October 13 and is the first of a brand-new trilogy..

News9 Plus looks just great and different as a news based OTT platform. Although I didn't find videos on it as entertaining as Vox or VICE. Still appreciate this. It's a great approach. Hopefully, content will improve over time.
SB8yNxO.jpg

Some HBO Originals are now streaming on Netflix in few countries (not India). What kind of deal is this?

Some HBO Originals are now streaming on Netflix in few countries (not India). What kind of deal is this?

They signed this last month.

Keeping underperforming shows exclusively on Max is a waste of money.

So they're expanding it to a wider audience.

All OTTs using telco data should pay fair share charge, says COAI
COAI had earlier suggested levying a licensing fee of 8 per cent on OTTs on a recurring basis

Full Details Here

Which OTTs show video and audio quality when playing content?

In US, there is a movie rental platform called "Vudu". It even shows wi-fi strength 🙏

XbSTJPG.jpg

The government is working on a draft broadcasting services regulation bill to bring all formats including linear television, radio and over-the-top (OTT) streaming services under one regulatory umbrella, a move which has raised concerns within the creative community

Just noticed that Prime Video is using its own player when casting from mobile app to Google TV:

Y98yO2q.jpg

I checked a few free streaming apps like Tubi and FilmRise. They use native Google TV player which is shown below:

i6IIiZR.jpg

Can anyone check for hotstar, zee5 etc?

Also, I noticed that YouTube does not show any player controls on TV when casting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock