Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,094
  • Views: Views 170,720
He is truly a parasite, I just watch his interview there he says people were paying 700-800 happily so it should no be a problem for people to pay that much now also and he also signaled the removal of 35 minimum recharge
Blood boils if we read his whole interview. He says 399 is too cheap and that has to go up. And as you said, he says 70-80 rupees should be the minimum charge per connection. Thank god, we have Ambani to our rescue, otherwise this guy would have squeezed every penny from us!! I sincerely hope Ambani continues his tactics and keep the prices lower.

Ambani has disrupted and revolutionised telecom in India, bringing data to the masses, just like T-Mobile in the US disrupted the telecom industry there by offering flexibility and eliminating unnecessary charges. Companies like Jio and T-Mobile are desperately needed in this world. Airtel and Vodafone-Idea must keep up with the flood of benefits here, like AT&T and Verizon were forced to adjust to T-Mobile's disruptive plans in the US. Otherwise the incumbents can't survive.

Last edited:
I agree that some operators were charging us too much money for data before Jio's launch. But companies like Aircel weren't charging us much. In other countries also data prices are way expensive than India. It's sad that they don't have money like Jio to acquire customers by putting money from other business to acquire customers. They also don't have government that gives loopholes to corporate companies. And many of my family members and friends working for telecom companies lost their jobs. After shutting down of these companies jio's service has also gone downhill. At first they have the most arrogant customer service. Second they can't handle the traffic of their customer base.

In other countries also data prices are way expensive than India. It's sad that they don't have money like Jio to acquire customers by putting money from other business to acquire customers.
Absolutely true here in Singapore. Due to the country's high purchasing power, I am forced to pay S$10 (Rs. 520) for 1GB, while we are finding Mittal's statement that 'Rs. 400 is justified for 1 GB' obnoxious.

Last edited:
Ambani has disrupted and revolutionised telecom in India, bringing data to the masses, just like T-Mobile in the US disrupted the telecom industry there by offering flexibility and eliminating unnecessary charges. Companies like Jio and T-Mobile are desperately needed in this world.
Lol, he wanted the monopoly to control what we browse. Sites like SoundCloud and Mega are blocked. Twitter or Facebook might get blocked tomorrow.

And many of my family members and friends working for telecom companies lost their jobs. After shutting down of these companies jio's service has also gone downhill. At first they have the most arrogant customer service. Second they can't handle the traffic of their customer base.
International companies (except Vodafone) have all left India. Look at Telenor, NTT Docomo, MTS and CK Hutchinson. For example, Telenor has a massive presence in Pakistan and Bangladesh (in Pakistan it is called Telenor and in Bangladesh it is called Grameenphone), in addition to Southeast Asia and its home region of Scandinavia (Telenor is from Norway). But it failed miserably in India. Fortunately the Telenor network merged with Airtel, so Telenor subscribers were moved to Airtel. Many other companies weren't so lucky. Videocon Mobile was another big failure.

International companies (except Vodafone) have all left India. Look at Telenor, NTT Docomo, MTS and CK Hutchinson. For example, Telenor has a massive presence in Pakistan and Bangladesh (in Pakistan it is called Telenor and in Bangladesh it is called Grameenphone), in addition to Southeast Asia and its home region of Scandinavia (Telenor is from Norway). But it failed miserably in India. Fortunately the Telenor network merged with Airtel, so Telenor subscribers were moved to Airtel. Many other companies weren't so lucky. Videocon Mobile was another big failure.
I know about all this man. My point is lack of competition is killing all the existing operators.

I know about all this man. My point is lack of competition is killing all the existing operators.
Yes. Airtel, Vodafone and Idea charged whatever they liked all these years. Jio's entry was too sudden for them to cope.

Yes. Airtel, Vodafone and Idea charged whatever they liked all these years. Jio's entry was too sudden for them to cope.
Internet speed of all 4 operators Jio, Airtel, Vodafone-Idea and BSNL are pathetic in my city.

Any app where can I speed test without sim. I mean any app which showing internet speed all network in my area

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock