Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,144
  • Views Views: Views 177,480
Need help about airtel mobile connection.can I use internet after the usage of 1 gb daily quota . Under 149 plan or is that chargable for use internet after the completation of 1 gb usage.

Guys...A query...I wanted to port to Airtel prepaid from my current dolphin :eek:Sim...But Airtel goofed up by thinking am going for Postpaid..I specifically told them prepaid but it seems purposely they ported me to postpaid...It's been 3hrs now...Can I revert now.. It's in the process :unsure:

Airtel Q4 net plunges 78% as below-cost pricing, cut in global termination charges hurt

Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom firm, today reported its lowest quarterly net profit in at least 14 years, as competition with free voice calls and dirt-cheap data tariffs from new entrant Reliance Jio ate into its margins.
Airtel posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 82.9 crore (or 21 paisa per share) in January-March quarter of 2017-18 fiscal as compared to Rs 373.4 crore (or 93 paisa a share) in the same period of the previous fiscal.
This was the eighth consecutive drop in quarterly profit and the smallest since April-June 2004.

Airtel Q4 net plunges 78% as below-cost pricing, cut in global termination charges hurt

Bharti Infratel, Indus Towers to merge to create a $15 billion entity with 1.63 lakh telecom towers

According to terms of the deal, Bharti Airtel will end up with a stake of 33.8 percent to 37.2 percent in the combined entity, which will be called Indus Towers.

In return for its 42 percent stake in Indus Towers, Vodafone will get between 26.7 percent and 29.4 percent.

Idea has an option to sell its 11.2 percent stake in Indus for about $1 billion or receive new shares in the combined masts company. Providence has the option to receive cash or shares for 3.35 percent of its 4.85 percent holding in Indus, with the remainder exchanged for shares in the combined tower firm.

Last edited:
Poor network? Soon, make calls on home or office WiFi to landline, mobiles

Addressing the issue of poor network connectivity, the government has approved internet telephony in India, that will allow mobile phone users to place calls using home or office WiFi through a broadband connection. Soon, telephone operators such as Reliance Jio, Airtel, BSNL etc. who acquire a license for internet telephony, can offer their subscribers an alternative number to place calls, but without the need for a SIM card.

The service for telephony can be used by download a mobile phone app from respective telecom operators.

Coming soon: Use mobiles in flight; make WhatsApp calls to cellphones, landlines

Last edited:
I have a Vodafone number and planning to port to Airtel or Jio. I have 300+ in main balance. Will it get carried over to the new operator after porting out?

Back
Top Bottom