Seeking Help Does Chromecast uses double bandwidth?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 3,979

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Supposedly I play a movie on Hotstar using Chromecast on my tv. Will the internet be consumed for movie on both tv and my phone?

I think yes, its always shows data speed is low when im using through Wi Fi

Supposedly I play a movie on Hotstar using Chromecast on my tv. Will the internet be consumed for movie on both tv and my phone?
Internet doesn't consume for mirroring kr casting . Just required for connection and media sharing.

Internet doesn't consume for mirroring kr casting . Just required for connection and media sharing.
So if I play supposedly a movie Ralph Breaks the Internet from mobile via casting. Internet for the movie is consumed on both Chromecast device and mobile?

@DJ Roy Bro, screen mirroring is like wireless HDMI connection. Whatever you're doing on your mobile will be on the screen via mirroring. So, only mobile internet connection will be consumed.

Casting is slightly different than screen mirroring. Casting a YouTube video on the device requires YouTube app on both the devices. You can use your mobile's YouTube app to control the playback and select videos or arrange playlist, that requires internet. The YouTube app on the device will play the video, which requires internet connection. To use casting feature, your devices should be on the same WiFi network.

@DJ Roy Bro, screen mirroring is like wireless HDMI connection. Whatever you're doing on your mobile will be on the screen via mirroring. So, only mobile internet connection will be consumed.

Casting is slightly different than screen mirroring. Casting a YouTube video on the device requires YouTube app on both the devices. You can use your mobile's YouTube app to control the playback and select videos or arrange playlist, that requires internet. The YouTube app on the device will play the video, which requires internet connection. To use casting feature, your devices should be on the same WiFi network.
I know about mirroring and casting. My concern is bandwidth. Like you said we can cast YouTube video when connected to sane wifi. If I do that do I consume bandwidth for the youtube video on both my phone and Chromecast?

I know about mirroring and casting. My concern is bandwidth. Like you said we can cast YouTube video when connected to sane wifi. If I do that do I consume bandwidth for the youtube video on both my phone and Chromecast?
AFAIK, the YouTube app on mobile will only use the internet for activities you do such as browsing video, selecting, and controlling the playback. It will not consume data for video playback. You'll see a black screen on YouTube player mobile app.

AFAIK, the YouTube app on mobile will only use the internet for activities you do such as browsing video, selecting, and controlling the playback. It will not consume data for video playback. You'll see a black screen on YouTube player mobile app.
Same should happen on Hotstar and Netflix app too?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock