Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,573
To check this, one need to have a Dolby Vision capable TV. If you have such TV, goto Netflix and look for Lost in Space series for example. This series shows Dolby Vision when used with compatible TV and compatible stb.

I've LG 55SM9000 which is Dolby Vision compatible. If I use the TVs inbuilt Netflix app or the Netflix app on Apple TV 4K box, it shows Dolby Vision. If I use Netflix app on my Airtel Xstream stb, it shows it as HDR only. Hope I'm clear.
Thanx for the inputs... BTW I am not using Netflix...

Buddy! HDR10 is also a formatting similar to Dolby Vision. HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision are different format used. Hotstar supports all these in case of the stats other members have shared here. Samsung one of the leading TV manufacturers doesn't have Dolby Vision formatting as they wanna have their own HDR10+ instead of it.

Aware of all these..

Basic 4K UHD TVs generally have only HDR10 and /or HLG. Higher variants of most manufacturers except Samsung have Dolby vision in addition to HDR10/HLG, while Samsung has their own HDR10+ in their models as they do not want to pay any fee to Dolby for its DV. There is a slight difference between DV and HDR 10+. This is based on what I read sometime ago.

Also it is very difficult to find content in HDR10+. Persons with Samsung TV can confirm this These days there are many titles with DV on Netflix, Apple TV+ / iMovies on Apple TV 4K.

I just mentioned it in layman terms of how to identify them if the STB supports or not based on the question asked.

Aware of all these..

Also it is very difficult to find content in HDR10+. Persons with Samsung TV can confirm this These days there are many titles with DV on Netflix, Apple TV+ / iMovies on Apple TV 4K.

Everything on Amazon Prime Video that is Amazon Originals/ having HDR done Supports HDR10+ buddy! Amazon and Samsung have partnered on this. Even Panasonic with going with HDR10+ as its not proprietary like Dolby Vision.

Last edited:
Everything on Amazon Prime Video that is Amazon Originals/ having HDR done Supports HDR10+ buddy! Amazon and Samsung have partnered on this. Even Panasonic with going with HDR10+ as its not proprietary like Dolby Vision.

I'm not aware of Amazon+Samsung partnership. But aware of Panasonic going for HDR10+.

I clearly mentioned the availability of content related to HDR10+. Those having Samsung / Panasonic TVs that supports those formats may share your thoughts about the availability of content in HDR 10+. I'm reiterating that my response was not about the formats overall availability but was in connection to Tata Sky Binge plus stb / Airtel Xstream stb.

FYI. I recently got Firestick 4K assuming it supports Dolby Vision and Atmos as its mentioned so. Earlier Jack Ryan was mentioned as suppirting DV+DA. Its clearly mentioned on Amazon that select titles support it. But it played in HDR and 5.1only. Later had to return it as its only supporting Dolby Vision on Netflix app and not Atmos (nothing on Prime app) after couple of weeks of analysis by Amazon team.

Last edited:
I clearly mentioned the availability of content related to HDR10+. Those having Samsung / Panasonic TVs that supports those formats may share your thoughts about the availability of content in HDR 10+.

FYI. I recently got Firestick 4K assuming it supports Dolby Vision and Atmos as its mentioned so. Earlier Jack Ryan was mentioned as suppirting DV+DA. Its clearly mentioned on Amazon that select titles support it. But it played in HDR and 5.1only.

I just said about the content part though as prime video Supports it for its originals. Its a matter of time other companies to do so as there is not properitoery fees for HDR10+ if more Manufacturers goes that way. And high time for OTTs to support all HDR formats as devices vary and no single standard format is available rather than simply having HDR/HDR10 formatter as default .

they added only testing purpose...pq not good..

foAabyY.jpg

Buddy! HDR10 is also a formatting similar to Dolby Vision. HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision are different format used. Hotstar supports all these in case of the stats other members have shared here. Samsung one of the leading TV manufacturers doesn't have Dolby Vision formatting as they wanna have their own HDR10+ instead of it.
My 4K TV is showing HDR10,HLG..Showing both...Anything is there related to DV?

My 4K TV is showing HDR10,HLG..Showing both...Anything is there related to DV?

No buddy! They are all different formats. If DV is not supported by your Device, HDR10 or HDR which ever is available will be used by default.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock