Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,572
Let your PQ go upto 22.4 Mbps, you'll notice the difference, the quality is really good, waiting for them to add Dolby Vision to this
It's showing and having Dolby in my Binge+ box...

ilMqmrs.jpg

Even when Disney+Hotstar supports Dolby Vision in future, the current Airtel Xstream stb and Tata Sky Binge plus stb do not support Dolby Vision as of now.

Last edited:
Even when Disney+Hotstar supports Dolby Vision in future, the current Airtel Xstream stb and Tata Sky Binge plus stb do not support Dolby Vision as of now.
How can we know that Bing+ doesn't support dolby vision? It's showing HDR 10 compatible..

How can we know that Bing+ doesn't support dolby vision? It's showing HDR 10 compatible..

To check this, one need to have a Dolby Vision capable TV. If you have such TV, goto Netflix and look for Lost in Space series for example. This series shows Dolby Vision when used with compatible TV and compatible stb.

I've LG 55SM9000 which is Dolby Vision compatible. If I use the TVs inbuilt Netflix app or the Netflix app on Apple TV 4K box, it shows Dolby Vision. If I use Netflix app on my Airtel Xstream stb, it shows it as HDR only. Hope I'm clear.

To check this, one need to have a Dolby Vision capable TV. If you have such TV, goto Netflix and look for Lost in Space series for example. This series shows Dolby Vision when used with compatible TV and compatible stb.

I've LG 55SM9000 which is Dolby Vision compatible. If I use the TVs inbuilt Netflix app or the Netflix app on Apple TV 4K box, it shows Dolby Vision. If I use Netflix app on my Airtel Xstream stb, it shows it as HDR only. Hope I'm clear.

Buddy! HDR10 is also a formatting similar to Dolby Vision. HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision are different format used. Hotstar supports all these in case of the stats other members have shared here. Samsung one of the leading TV manufacturers doesn't have Dolby Vision formatting as they wanna have their own HDR10+ instead of it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock