Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Drive Updates

I also feel they are unnecessarily highlighting covaxin over covishield just to promote atmanirbhar Bharat without any scientific data/ study.
Covaxin is made from inactive covid virus strain while covishield is Protein based, it's obvious that covaxin is going to be more effective on multiple strains of virus while covishield is not working in South Africa however covaxin works on same. Study and scientific data is available.

However, biggest problem is availability of Covaxin.

Last edited:
It's good as everyone deserves to know the efficacy and most probably we have to pay for the vaccination from 1st May so it's informed decision now which one to chose.
Parents have taken the Covishield vaccine already. I am concerned due to that. 🥵

Lots of confused info in this thread. Here are some clarification-
1. ICMR tweets info about Covaxin because they are the developer of it. Covaxin was developed by Bharat Biotech with help of ICMR. So logically no one except them will publish such data. If someone wants data about Astrazeneca, then he should refer to their page.
2. Someone said Covishield/Astrazeneca failed to protect against mild cases in South Africa mutation of Corona Virus.
So Please note that's not all data. Don't panic. There is still more to it. Read this: South Africa suspends use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine after it fails to clearly stop virus variant

Parents have taken the Covishield vaccine already. I am concerned due to that. 🥵
Don't worry bhai, both are equally good and saving people from severe complications. Even my elder brother and sister, both from medical fraternity have taken covishield and currently serving covid patients.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock