Seeking Help Can we board train through partially booked ticket for Vande Bharat?

Reaction score
I have booked 3 tickets online for Vande Bharat express on Friday 1 is confirmed and 2 is WaitList. I know that for normal trains with partially confirmed tickets you can board the train is it the same for Vande Bharat also?

As per IRCTC you can board train on waiting and partially confirmed ticket only if you have booked it from railway counter unless you have booked thought online portal you can't travel and will get refund in your payment account.
Wait for chart preparation. It should get confirmed.
It depends on train and date you are traveling whereas these days more couches are added later on to provide more confirm tickets.

Last edited:
As per my knowledge WL passenger cannot board train irrespective from where it was booked either through online irctc portal or through ticket window

Only difference i know is if you book through irctc portal , ticket is waitlisted and if dose not gets confirmed then it gets automatically cancelled and amount is refunded in your account while one book through windows needs to get canceled at windows only i think it doesnt gets automatically canceled.

In past when chart was pasted in train coach . IT was specially mentioned In chart that WL passenger cannot board coach .Now they have stopped pasting chart (another stupid decision according to me )

I know WL ticket cannot board but as per my knowledge any ticket where one of the passenger is confirmed can board the train. However not sure about Vande Bharat train

I know WL ticket cannot board but as per my knowledge any ticket where one of the passenger is confirmed can board the train. However not sure about Vande Bharat train
Mu suggestion donot board VB as its mostly chair care where are you going to seat ?????

In sleeper coaches kind hearted people would offer you there seat

Mu suggestion donot board VB as its mostly chair care where are you going to seat ?????

In sleeper coaches kind hearted people would offer you there seat
Yup just got confirmation that the WL tickets will be cancelled automatically.

The problem is only VB has 1 seat available rest were all full with WL have to try Tatkal nw

You need to file TDR for claiming refund for the confirmed ticket. If not filed, you will not get refund for the confirmed ticket. However, for the waitlisted tickets even after charting, refund will be initiated automatically.
Can refer below details for more information.
OXX3Tcu.jpg

As per my knowledge WL passenger cannot board train irrespective from where it was booked either through online irctc portal or through ticket window
As per your knowledge. I travel in train on regular basis. You can travel if you hold WL printed ticket which you got from railway counter.
Only difference i know is if you book through irctc portal , ticket is waitlisted and if dose not gets confirmed then it gets automatically cancelled and amount is refunded in your account while one book through windows needs to get canceled at windows only i think it doesnt gets automatically canceled.
Correct that's why you can travel in train with unconfirmed ticket you took from ticket counter. Soon Indian Railways will introduce option where they'll utilise vacant seats by providing that to the customer traveling unconfirmed ticket.

Last edited:
You need to file TDR for claiming refund for the confirmed ticket. If not filed, you will not get refund for the confirmed ticket. However, for the waitlisted tickets even after charting, refund will be initiated automatically.
Can refer below details for more information.
OXX3Tcu.jpg
TDR is required in offline ticket mode. Online tickets automatically get cancelled if not confirmed. For confirm online ticket you can cancel before chart preparation.
Also, if Tatkaal confirmed ticket cancelled passanger will not get any refund.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock