business in these countries will grow only 0.3
percent in these markets, which explains its
decision to "defocus" on these regions.

Xperia Blog, which got access to presentations
and other material that Sony shared at the
inventory meet, adds that the company now has
a regional strategy which means Sony will
target only regions which are expected to have
improved CAGR (compound annual growth rate)
smartphone growth.

Apart from China, India, and the US, Sony is
also said to shrink its smartphone business in
Brazil. The report says that Sony Mobile will
instead look to focus in East Asia (including
Japan), Europe, and the Middle East.

https://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/bad-news-for-sony-mobile-fans-as-company-will-reportedly-defocus-on-india-856066?pfrom=home-gadgets

Oh no :( It's Sony fault only. They are not providing software updates to those sets which are upto 15K. From last 3 years, my cellphone is waiting for update of another android version. But they listed lot of handsets in that category which will not receive any further updates.

These days people want to update everything but Sony is not worried about this.

You are providing cellphones with 1 GB RAM and 4 GB Internal Memory at price of 12,000 INR. While other companies like Xiaomi, Lenovo, Asus are giving lot better features. Then it's obviously people will not buy you and you'll get less growth.

Fully agree with @wewake bro.... Samsung too doing same, they also provides updates only for high end models. Im too waiting for update from last 2 years but I think my wait is never over. I bought my smartphone at price of 12,000 INR. in 2012. Till now Im on Ice Cream Sandwich android version that is very bad at this time. Now a days Peoples are using marshmallow in the price of 10k to 12k and they will also receieve new updates in near future if they are using Xiaomi, MOTO, lenovo etc. but no gurranty for Sony , Samsung users.

People already not buying "highly overpriced" Sony phones, so it's a good move by them to move out

After Demerger between Sony and Ericsson, thier handsets were not up to the mark

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock