Any way to stop BSNL Data Alert Spam SMSes?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 9,033

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
So i have unsubscribed from BSNL data pack and no more turning ON data for BSNL 4G. However they are sending me tons of messages which states Rs. 0 charged for Data usage. I am checking phone is not using BSNL SIM for data even once.

I tried talking to CC and they are saying some service must be turning ON the BSNL internet.

Now i want to know if there is any way to atleast unsubscribe from these SMS based data alerts. They are kinda irritating TBH and CC do not help.:mad:

xBKrlVN.jpg

Do you use BSNL Sim to receive and send messages ? if not then change the message center number to something else ...

Do you use BSNL Sim to receive and send messages ? if not then change the message center number to something else ...
I do sometimes. If i change message center number no message will be delivered to the number then i believe. So not feasible. :(

But from your ss its clear that net using from BSNL . very few amount of data still using.
If its possible please check from your device , how much data using from bsnl number (if any)

@Bapun Raz bro, Try TRAI DND app. The app has many features for such spams. You can also register complaint against any specific sender also and issue will be resolved within a week.
In the app, Use Report SMS option, select that SPAM SMS, and select the category.

7gR8RJ0.png

TRAI DND 2.0(Do Not Disturb) - Apps on Google Play

Other apps only Silent/Hide the message but this will completely stop it.

Last edited:
Maybe it is not the best idea (solution) but there are some apps which are programmed to trigger a certain action on happening of a particular event. Such apps will not deactivate the message but sure they can do (or avoid) the action you not like doing again and again after receiving this message.

But from your ss its clear that net using from BSNL . very few amount of data still using.
If its possible please check from your device , how much data using from bsnl number (if any)
I have checked that and made sure no data is being used from my BSNL SIM. Sharing a screenshot which can show you no data is being used from it as written on those messages on hourly basis.

The phone data usage showing correct. 24.03 KB is only use i made by turning on data to check if internet working on BSNL SIM. Then turned it off. That's all i used from it throughout the month.

egTgTZu.jpg

Moreover i am getting their valuable 🔥 SMS alerts which i never subscribed or requested to. I checked the number and its a BSNL service. Now i have no idea what they are cooking on my number!🤯🤬

QiBmyVN.jpg

Moreover i am getting their valuable 🔥 SMS alerts which i never subscribed or requested to. I checked the number and its a BSNL service. Now i have no idea what they are cooking on my number!🤯🤬

QiBmyVN.jpg
Use the TRAI DND app, it will solve everything

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock