Any way to stop BSNL Data Alert Spam SMSes?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 9,077
Other apps only Silent/Hide the message but this will completely stop it.
That's not true. I gave up after reporting several spam messages. Most of the times, the solution was either "The reported sms wasn't spam" or "The reported message couldn't be found" or "The reported message is under your preferred type". I continued to receive such spam sms.

I personally raised a complaint with Jio about these incorrect solutions. Jio rep told me it's impossible to stop these spam sms completely, as the service providers (SMS senders) never accept they have done a mistake and always give false resolutions. This has got nothing to do with the telecom company. He recommended me to continue reporting the SMS and hope for the best.

Try some steps
* Remove BSNL SiM for some time Restart Phone use Mobile with Single SiM with data
* Reset Data settings of Phone Close Data Roaming on BSNL SiM
* Use BSNL Sim in 2nd slot after some time.

* Reset Data settings of Phone Close Data Roaming on BSNL SiM
Preferred data SIM is Airtel already. BSNL is not enabled for anything. I don't think problem is on my phone. However i am getting my new phone soon and will confirm here if it happens on that too. It will likely happen as data is disabled and not turning on ever on BSNL SIM but SMSes getting bombarded.

I have activated DND already. Checking DND 2.0 on Play store shows the rating is so bad if the app.
That worked for me. Try registering complaint against that sender, explained in post#5. It doesn't works if you register complaint through another number. Also check your DND status if it has "No Calls, No SMS"

BOQY1zq.png

As an Alternate Solution if you use Android Messages app then go to that message, click More, then there will be "Block and report" option. Steps are similar for other SMS app too.

Preferred data SIM is Airtel already. BSNL is not enabled for anything. I don't think problem is on my phone. However i am getting my new phone soon and will confirm here if it happens on that too. It will likely happen as data is disabled and not turning on ever on BSNL SIM but SMSes getting bombarded.
Android is pron to malfunction so keeping BSNL SiM out (or using in some other phone for some time) is not a bad idea
Never got any SMS regarding data consumption however on screen prompts are very common & normal too.
So until you get your new phone doing some research is not a bad idea
Regarding DND, i don't think operator's info comes under their domain.

Why don't you just mute their SMS ? This way their SMS would not show up. I use Microsoft SMS organizer as my default SMS app it has this feature.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock