Amazon Prime Video App & Website - News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 286
  • Views: Views 71,864
I have fire tv stick and to adjust the quality option it is in confusing location... it's in the "data monitoring" (data consumption) location where you can set the picture quality to high/low etc (i dont remember the exact name of the menu but it's in "data usage" section)
That works if we enable the data monitoring...I think its for usage of mobile data...Else it's auto best quality related to the speed of our internet....
suPotMO.jpg

D9OkwBc.jpg

That works if we enable the data monitoring...I think its for usage of mobile data...Else it's auto best quality related to the speed of our internet....
suPotMO.jpg

D9OkwBc.jpg
There's no concept of mobile data on fire stick. It works with Wi-Fi and can't differentiate between Hotspot and broadband. This setting is to control the video quality.

There's no concept of mobile data on fire stick. It works with Wi-Fi and can't differentiate between Hotspot and broadband. This setting is to control the video quality.
I know that there is no option of mobile data to enable or disable....My intention was to say the data consumption of the data card/mobile hotspot wifi monitoring how much data was consumed...Many r using mobile data hotspot for streaming in FTS and Android TV...
Edit: Data users can change the quality according to the speed they r getting...

Last edited:
I know that there is no option of mobile data to enable or disable....My intention was to say the data consumption of the data card/mobile hotspot wifi monitoring how much data was consumed...Many r using mobile data hotspot for streaming in FTS and Android TV...
Edit: Data users can change the quality according to the speed they r getting...
Fire stick cannot differentiate between broadband or data card or mobile hotspot. It only knows that it's a Wi-Fi connection.

Do you mean to say that you wanna know the data consumption on Prime Video app?

Fire stick cannot differentiate between broadband or data card or mobile hotspot. It only knows that it's a Wi-Fi connection.
Yes that's every set doesn't know/show the source of internet provided by wifi..Maybe in some can be tracked but don't know which r they...Most r just connecting to wifi ..

Amazon is so weird. It's website stream HD, Windows 10 App stream Full HD 1080 And Fire Stick/Smart tv streams UHD. All on same connection. Strange!

Recently my cousin bought a new phone, Vivo Y51A. I checked the streaming quality on Prime Video. There is a change in size while streaming. Have a look.
j30u6UW.jpg

But on my OnePlus 7, it's still the old settings. Why?
glGRUXJ.jpg

My app is on the latest version. Signed up for Beta version, thought it may help.

Recently my cousin bought a new phone, Vivo Y51A. I checked the streaming quality on Prime Video. There is a change in size while streaming. Have a look.
j30u6UW.jpg

But on my OnePlus 7, it's still the old settings. Why?
glGRUXJ.jpg

My app is on the latest version. Signed up for Beta version, thought it may help.
The size varies from one device to another.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock