Discussion Amazon India buying/service/warranty experiences

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
A bit of background to my story, read on
I purchased a sofa recliner from Amazon in January 2020. Before lockdown started, I moved to my native place by March end and came back in January 2021 after 10 months.

I had used the recliner for only 2 months, after that for a long time it was unused because of which the left side seat wasn't opening up properly. (Probably was just jammed).
According to Cloudtail's warranty policy, i clicked pics and shared them via email. They told me to send a video, i did and they said they will get back to me in 5-6 days. They didn't so i sent a follow-up mail asking about the progress.

After that they directly gave me Amazon vouchers worth the price of the recliner saying they can't replace or repair the recliner. Now i am not sure if they are coming to atleast pick up the recliner, i don't think they are going to. LoL.

Once Dominos had messed up my order and had given me a full refund but it was like ₹300, not ₹31,000 lmao

The recliner:

zdRzik8.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of background to my story, read on
I purchased a sofa recliner from Amazon in January 2020. Before lockdown started, I moved to my native place by March end and came back in January 2021 after 10 months.

I had used the recliner for only 2 months, after that for a long time it was unused because of which the left side seat wasn't opening up properly. (Probably was just jammed).
According to Cloudtail's warranty policy, i clicked pics and shared them via email. They told me to send a video, i did and they said they will get back to me in 5-6 days. They didn't so i sent a follow-up mail asking about the progress.

After that they directly gave me Amazon vouchers worth the price of the recliner saying they can't replace or repair the recliner . Now i am not sure if they are coming to atleast pick up the recliner, i don't think they are going to. LoL.

Once Dominos had messed up my order and had given me a full refund but it was like ₹300, not ₹31,000 lmao

The recliner:

Mumbai Walo ki baat hai alag hai bhai.

Kuch na kuch to Hasil karke rehte hai,

(Mumbai peoples not leaving matter easily, they fight until they deserve for the best.)

It's amazing that they refunded Rs.31,000 like huge value so easily. This one thing keeps Amazon apart from any other e-commerce.

Similar experiences I also have a few times. Most recent one I can remember is with a Chyawanprash. The jar inside seal was opened when delivered, upon mailing they immediately send a replacement unit and asked to keep/destroy the previous one at my convenience. :)

Their tagline, Earth's Most Customer Centric Company suits them well.

Though not sure if things and policies will stay exactly same with their CEO change. 🤔

It's amazing that they refunded Rs.31,000 like huge value so easily. This one thing keeps Amazon apart from any other e-commerce.
I guess it's more to do with the fact that the manufacturer ( Solimo) and seller (Cloudtail) are Amazon's in-house companies. I had purchased Asus Laptop recently and by the 8th day, it stopped functioning.
Amazon said "we will take it back only if the laptop company gives in writing that they can't provide warranty service".
Asus said "We will give service at our center, no one can come right now to your place."
I couldn't travel as it was very far away. They came at my house and finally replaced the motherboard. Took 2 months in all this, my ₹67k was stuck for the time being.

Similar experiences I also have a few times. Most recent one I can remember is with a Chyawanprash. The jar inside seal was opened when delivered, upon mailing they immediately send a replacement unit and asked to keep/destroy the previous one at my convenience. :)
The important question is what did you do with it - the old jar? :lol:

Last edited:
Amazon Service is amazing. I have been using their pantry for a long time and I order stuff worth thousands from there every month so some times few items get torn during logistics you can still use most of them but each time amazon has refunded me if I count it will be above 10K+ total refunds and each time I have been told to keep products.

Hmm… that’s interesting. I prefer not to use Amazon not to make the rich man richer, but it might be reasonable in cases like this. I also want to get a recliner, and it would be much cooler if the order were ensured for a lot of money by such a large company and not a local delivery company.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock