Stop buying Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco phones. You will regret it.

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 53
  • Views Views: Views 2,802
My Xiaomi experience has also been really bad.
I have owned 3 Xiaomi phones - Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3 for myself and Poco X3 for mom.

When the phones initially launched they were having really good performance, especially considering their price point. However 2 years down the line, the MIUI software updates would cripple the phone to an extent where it would start overheating.

I always had to either get a custom ROM, or downgrade to an older MIUI in order to have a functional phone. Thank god we got rid of the last Mi phone in the house - Poco X3 and replaced it with Nothing Phone 2a.

Our house is now almost free of Chinese electronics. Only thing that remains now is the Haier TV, which has also started to develop issues. Looking to replace it with any Linux TV.
No issue with Haier TV. I also have 4K 65"inch at my house. It's got Android 12 OS update in the month of June. If you have any issue after update just reset the TV OS. It's very good to watch OTT 4k content. However you can try with Sony, LG and Vu smart TV's.

My smartphones are' LG G7 ThinQ, Google Pixel 4a, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (Mine), I will soon book iPhone 16 Pro and Google Pixel 9. My mother is using Xiaomi Redmi Series, Father using Motorola. What about yours?
Motorola Edge 30 Pro
Motorola Edge 50 Ultra(Wanted to buy One Plus 12 or iQOO 12, but OP had battery issues, iQOO 12 has software bugs) might get Xiaomi 15 Ultra next year if main sensor is greater than LYT 900
Motorola Edge 50 Fusion(Poco F6 got delayed launch)

Father, Motorola G40 Fusion

Mom, Motorola G71

Brother, Realme GT 2 Pro, Realme GT 6

Most people buy smart phones from offline stores and these Chinese companies have very good relations with offline stores. And most people don't care whether they are Chinese or not? And why should we care about Chinese phones, China will use this money for its development and America or Korea will use it for their development. Samsung and Vivo are the same for me, only quality hardware and software matters. And our Indian brands are not even in the market.

Last edited:
Most people buy smart phones from offline stores and these Chinese companies have very good relations with offline stores. And most people don't care whether they are Chinese or not? And why should we care about Chinese phones, China will use this money for its development and America or Korea will use it for their development. Samsung and Vivo are the same for me, only quality hardware and software matters. And our Indian brands are not even in the market.
Only Vivo V series sells well in offline stores. Xiaomi has failed considerably to sell their last two overpriced note series phones in offline market.

Only Vivo V series sells well in offline stores. Xiaomi has failed considerably to sell their last two overpriced note series phones in offline market.
No bro, if you go in offline markets of small Cities(Districts and Tehsils of States excluding Capital area), the sellers will only recommend Vivo and Xiaomi Phones, and pressurized you to buy them only. Vivo T, Y series are blockbuster in offline market.

No bro, if you go in offline markets of small Cities(Districts and Tehsils of States excluding Capital area), the sellers will only recommend Vivo and Xiaomi Phones, and pressurized you to buy them only. Vivo T, Y series are blockbuster in offline market.
I know. Vivo T series and Y series also sell well. Infact Vivo T2 Pro sold better than iQOO which has exact same specifications as that of Vivo T2 Pro. Same Vivo T3 Pro launched today(aka iQOO Z9s Pro).

I was just talking about Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus and Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus. They didn't sell well. First thing highly overpriced. Second thing, they don't even have good camera like Vivo. Third thing, use of Dimensity(but again Vivo use Dimensity, so we will keep aside Dimensity part).

Same thing is going to happen with Redmi Note 14 Pro Plus. Going to use Dimensity 7300. Instead of snapdragon. Just make sure you put camera hardware of Pro Plus in Poco F series and you will sell well under 30K. Literally finish the market from your end.

I know. Vivo T series and Y series also sell well. Infact Vivo T2 Pro sold better than iQOO which has exact same specifications as that of Vivo T2 Pro. Same Vivo T3 Pro launched today(aka iQOO Z9s Pro).

I was just talking about Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus and Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus. They didn't sell well. First thing highly overpriced. Second thing, they don't even have good camera like Vivo. Third thing, use of Dimensity(but again Vivo use Dimensity, so we will keep aside Dimensity part).

Same thing is going to happen with Redmi Note 14 Pro Plus. Going to use Dimensity 7300. Instead of snapdragon. Just make sure you put camera hardware of Pro Plus in Poco F series and you will sell well under 30K. Literally finish the market from your end.
Vivo specification's is good for middle range devices but FunTouch OS is bloated with so many apps which will showing in all over ui and screen, if you having family could check your device by accidently. they all were pop-up and showing 18+ ads.

Yes! Offline market will get more commission for selling oppo, vivo, realme, iQOO. If you don't need to go with Vivo then iQOO is having same UI. but Realme and OPPO is so far go with some setting to enable, You will all good to go. Unfortunately, The OPPO and OnePlus having price higher than Vivo and iQOO.

Vivo specification's is good for middle range devices but FunTouch OS is bloated with so many apps which will showing in all over ui and screen, if you having family could check your device by accidently. they all were pop-up and showing 18+ ads.

Yes! Offline market will get more commission for selling oppo, vivo, realme, iQOO. If you don't need to go with Vivo then iQOO is having same UI. but Realme and OPPO is so far go with some setting to enable, You will all good to go. Unfortunately, The OPPO and OnePlus having price higher than Vivo and iQOO.
No bro, I am using Vivo phones from last 7 years and not got even Single ad on Home Screen. Yes, some bloatwares are there but you can remove them in just two minutes and disable permissions of non-removable apps like Vivo Appstore and Browser.
Faced No Problem with UI but they need to do some work on Ram Management on some models. Update system is also good.

Back
Top Bottom