• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,136

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hammer products are totally bad and cheap. They also makes you ship back items to claim warranty. So I bought these headphones called Hammer Nail from JioMart for ₹55 each. Those were on sale. Pricing of the product is ₹599. After getting these headphones delivered 1 out of 3 were not totally not working. So I returned same. JioMart refunded me the money back. Second one worked in 1 out 5 phones. Than this one detected on phone but sound doesn't come off either side. Hammer was offering 3 months warranty.
Wu6D3UR.jpg

So I registered my product on the website. And got a call back from Hammer executive. Gave me WhatsApp number 9991108081. They ask me to upload bill, pictures etc. After this they made me sign-up this warranty registration form where they always wanted our birth details and occupation details again. It's mandatory too. Dunno why a brand wants to invade my privacy just to offer me warranty of a product for which I already paid for. Than they asked me to bear cost of courier to claim warranty.
mxgpo2T.jpg

For a product that costed me ₹55 sounding worser than roadside ₹30 headphones. They want me to bear shipping cost to claim warranty. No, thank you. Imagine buying something expensive from them than Hammer asking you to ship back products to get warranty. It's best to buy from reputed brands with dedicated service centres or atleast brands willing to take products at own risk and cost to their service centers. Also those who don't want your birth details and employment details.

Last edited:
It's best to buy from reputed brands with dedicated service centres or atleast brands willing to take products at own risk and cost to their service centers
True. Lesson of the year. We are surrounded by so many brand these days with aggressive pricing and mouthful name but at the end of the day 'empty vessels sound much'
So, my advise Pay a little more, Buy from Reputed brand and have peace of mind, which is important.
But that doesn't mean Big Brand is always Good and deliver value added to their product.
Last time I bought Samsung LED 32 inch from flipkart it went bad in 2.5years.

I've purchased boAt product, boAt prefer to solve by picking and dropping the product.

It's best to buy from reputed brands with dedicated service centres or atleast brands willing to take products at own risk and cost to their service centers
True. Lesson of the year. We are surrounded by so many brand these days with aggressive pricing and mouthful name but at the end of the day 'empty vessels sound much'
So, my advise Pay a little more, Buy from Reputed brand and have peace of mind, which is important.
But that doesn't mean Big Brand is always Good and deliver value added to their product.
Last time I bought Samsung LED 32 inch from flipkart it went bad in 2.5years.
I was gonna post about this after getting my product. Since I wrote my rant across social media sites. They have shipped me a new product. They don't evn want the old damaged product now.

They have now stopped pick up and drop service for most of their products.
Nope they even have increased this service widely among their in warranty products specially non repairable like earphones, earbuds, neckband, charging cable, adaptor etc.
Previously, most of this was done at service centre only. But things have changed now, may be this transit model is cheaper than maintaining partnership with third-party service centre.

They have now stopped pick up and drop service for most of their products.
These companies in a way increases e-waste by not having option to repair products post warranty periods.

Nope they even have increased this service widely among their in warranty products specially non repairable like earphones, earbuds, neckband, charging cable, adaptor etc.
Previously, most of this was done at service centre only. But things have changed now, may be this transit model is cheaper than maintaining partnership with third-party service centre.
Maybe it depends on the city.
For me it still asks me to visit their partnered service centre when I try to claim the warranty.

Maybe it depends on the city.
For me it still asks me to visit their partnered service centre when I try to claim the warranty.
Is the service center in Guwahati still functioning?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock