Akamai's Internet report for Q4, 2016 says 38% connections in India offer above 4Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Akamai, the Cambridge-based content delivery network (CDN) has released ‘State of Internet’ report for Q4, 2016 . According to the report, the internet connections above 4Mbps in India saw a 28 percent increase in comparison to the results in the third quarter. The overall year-on-year change in the percentage of connections for Broadband above 4Mbps reached a healthy 123 percent. One interesting thing to note is that the India is in the top 5 in terms of the percentage of IPv6 connections in Q4, 2016 at 72 percent.

India has maintained the fifth spot in the list of IPv6 based traffic by a network provider after the major telecom players like Comcast Cable, AT&T, Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications in the United States. This could only happen because of Reliance Jio’s sudden rise after the launch of its services. Reliance Jio had propelled the country to a staggering increase of 715 percent from the previous quarter but one thing to note is that India saw a 17 percent drop in the total number of IPv6 connections after the initial rush.

Despite the increase in the number of IPv6 and increase in the speed of internet connections above 4Mbps, there was no significant improvement in the average connection speed in the country. At 5.6 Mbps at the time of writing, India is languishing on rank 102. This maintains our position as the second slowest in the number of people adopting or using the internet with a speed of 4Mbps in the Asia Pacific region. South Korea maintained the highest internet speeds on an average with the speed of 26.1Mbps with Hong Kong coming in at number 4 with average internet speed of 21.9Mbps.

To put things in perspective, Sri Lanka stands at 73rd rank with average internet speeds of 7.3Mbps. One thing to note is that the report points out at Trai’s decision to mandate a minimum download speed of 512Kbps as broadband instead of the previously recommended speed of 2Mbps. Akamai reported that India was reporting positive 116 percent and 179 percent growth in comparison to last quarter in the adoption to 10Mbps Broadband IPv4 adoption.

Akamai's State of the Internet report for Q4, 2016 says 38% connections in India offer above 4Mbps Tech2 Mobile

Yes bro thats same, I did search for "the internet connections above 4Mbps in India saw a 28 percent increase in comparison to the results in the third quarter" that's wasn't in the post so couldn't found it", I am trying my level best not to repost threads.

Bro pls merge the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock