Discussion Airtel 4G VoLTE - Discussions & Updates

airtel VoLTE support rolled out to Gionee A1

gionee-a1-new-update.png

I thought Volte is device specific only, now it seems carrier specific, So manufacturer needs to roll out Volte update separately for all operators who will launch Volte

I thought Volte is device specific only, now it seems carrier specific, So manufacturer needs to roll out Volte update separately for all operators who will launch Volte
But don't know fully abt it. But currently am using a Custom ROM in my device. That ROM log has only common VoLTE support. Not specific carrier support like Jio, ATT, Verizon.

VoLTE update: Airtel says Customers don’t care what technology they use to make calls. VoLTE trials happening in 5 cities.
Launch will happen later this year says Gopal Vittal
The voice clarity in airtel is good. I felt it was like HD. I'm using idea now and it sucks. Even idea to Idea call clarity sucks.

Gopal Vittal said that 3G networks in India will be phased out faster than other parts of the world
Telecom major Bharti Airtel plans to roll out VoLTE service, that enables phone calls using 4G technology, across India by end of the current financial year, a top official of the company said on Wednesday.

“We have done (VoLTE) trials in 5-6 cities. Towards the end of this fiscal year, we will be taking VoLTE across the country. The uptake of VoLTE devices will depend on certification...We should be very much national in the coming 6-9 months,” Gopal Vittal, MD and CEO (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel said.
Airtel to roll out VoLTE service across India by March’18

Nothing unique left for Jio? Jio is 4G only network and Airtel will not be correct?

Nothing unique left for Jio? Jio is 4G only network and Airtel will not be correct?

Yes

I think 4G only its better for data speed coz in other network if I recharge 4g plan means 70% 3g , 20% 2g and only 10% only 4g don't know they doing it intentionally or not

But this my experience whereas obiviously in jio no chance for that

Whatever it is today only I gave request to Port from Airtel to Jio. After 6months of free usage and 1 month of paid usage Jio seems to be a better and stable network than Airtel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock