Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) - News, Discussions & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter sumitroy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 186
  • Views Views: Views 29,870

These new prompts, spotted by Neowin, include messages like:
  • “Microsoft Edge runs on the same technology as Chrome, with the added trust of Microsoft.”
  • “That browser is so 2008! Do you know what’s new? Microsoft Edge.”
  • “‘I hate saving money,’ said no one ever. Microsoft Edge is the best browser for online shopping.”
These aren’t pop-ups or prompts you’d typically find inside a website, either. They’re rendered natively by Edge, and other websites aren’t able to display similar prompts.

Microsoft Edge Games panel update

Microsoft has started testing some deeper YouTube integration in its Edge browser. The latest Canary developer builds of Edge include a new “followable web” feature that lets you easily follow your favorite content creators on YouTube.

hiAIi8i.jpg

edge becoming junk day by day. bloadware adware and now various type of examination is still going on

As a software developer, I really want other browsers to pick the Vertical tabs feature.
But I use Brave browser which has good ad-blocker and where this feature is desperately needed because I can't keep going back to Edge because of its bloatware and tracking..

With the latest iOS update, Inprivate tabs can be locked. The next time app is opened, the Inprivate tabs can be unlocked with Face ID or Passcode.

w3MGPC2.jpg

Last edited:
We have tracked and observed a malvertising campaign on the Microsoft Edge News Feed used to redirect victims to tech support scam pages. The scheme is simple and relies on threat actors inserting their advertisements on the Edge home page and trying to lure users with shocking or bizarre stories.

The email address belongs to an individual named Sumit Kalra who is listed as a director for Mws Software Services Private Limited, a company located in Delhi whose principal business activity is "Computer and related activities".

Back
Top Bottom