ACT Fibernet- Best Wifi Router

below is the current status of C6.
Only 1 left in stock and more to come :D
its not allowing to checkout and getting error. called CC and told to wait for 24hrs before stock gets updated :)
JCFq4FW.jpg

Thanks guys for this incredible thread. I was exploring multiple options to recommend a good router for one of my cousins and found very good insights from different members. I now have more hands on experience stories for a bunch of nice routers (Including the one I use - Netgear R6220) for my cousin to choose from. Thanks again

It must be supporting MU-MIMO.
Your device does not supports MU-MIMO, the information provided by the other guy is wrong, speed is not divided by the number of devices connected, all devices can get maximum speed if bandwidth allows, even in my 10 year old basic Netgear router it never divides the speed by number of devices it connects which I have changed last year.

Your device does not supports MU-MIMO, the information provided by the other guy is wrong, speed is not divided by the number of devices connected, all devices can get maximum speed if bandwidth allows, even in my 10 year old basic Netgear router it never divides the speed by number of devices it connects which I have changed last year.
Before saying anyone wrong just read things out. SU-MIMO or non MU-MIMO routers serve the client s first come first serve basis. So if multiple devices are connected together ,there is a signal handoff from one device to another. Theoretically if all the devices are accessing at the same point of time will experience decrease in bandwidth. But the handoff often faster as data packets required for each devices at any given point of time is different in their capacity.
But MU-MIMO does cater all devices at same time reducing lag in gamins and streaming.

What you experienced is upto you that doesn't make any technology worthless or wrong. Newer technologies are developed keeping progress in mind. Happy reading.

What Is MU-MIMO, and Do I Need It on My Router?

Before saying anyone wrong just read things out. SU-MIMO or non MU-MIMO routers serve the client s first come first serve basis. So if multiple devices are connected together ,there is a signal handoff from one device to another. Theoretically if all the devices are accessing at the same point of time will experience decrease in bandwidth. But the handoff often faster as data packets required for each devices at any given point of time is different in their capacity.
But MU-MIMO does cater all devices at same time reducing lag in gamins and streaming.

What you experienced is upto you that doesn't make any technology worthless or wrong. Newer technologies are developed keeping progress in mind. Happy reading.

What Is MU-MIMO, and Do I Need It on My Router?
MU-MIMO is different technology and your interpretation is wrong.

Last edited:
Good. Hope you have understood it well. Great for you.
Yes, I am not expert in networking but we need not an expert opinion in the real life, even we have other members including @Siva and others who owns devices which do not support MU MIMO but gives full speed.
You need to interpret and do not take get incorrect ideas while reading any article.
Also MU MIMO router works when the other device to which it connects also has MU MIMO support.
There is no doubt that MU MIMO is better technology.

Yes, I am not expert in networking but we need not an expert opinion in the real life, even we have other members including @Siva and others who owns devices which do not support MU MIMO but gives full speed.
You need to interpret and do not take get incorrect ideas while reading any article.
Also MU MIMO router works when the other device to which it connects also has MU MIMO support.
There is no doubt that MU MIMO is better technology.
Thanks for your suggestions though. Never knew reading a proper article, written by experts of the field gives you wrong ideas.
Most of the modern phones or devices support it. And one more thing , there is no point of this discussion now as the person already purchased the product of his choice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock