ACT Fibernet silently reduces FUP from 3.3TB to 1.5TB (Changed back to 3.3 TB)

• Thread starter Thread starter swatkats
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 20
  • Views Views: Views 1,598
My other options were Hathaway, Airtel and Tata play. Here in my apartment it is really good. Neighbours using it as all.
I won’t recommend Airtel after the experience I had with their dth. Hathaway is a known spammer once you disconnect connection.
Tata Play?

Yes! i think he is talking about Tata Play Fiber. Tata Play is also offering Tata Play Fiber in selecting cities of India. It's not very famous but it's very fast and cheap than Airtel or Jio.
I wanted to ask why he went with Jio instead of Tata Play.

ACT Customer Care called after I put up the disconnection request.
I gave him an earful. He kept on mentioning 3300GB, I kept on telling to read from your T&C site for unlimited where it is updated to 1500GB.

He continuously tried denying this, I made him visit his company website, then click on the T&C apply link. I made him read all the points on that T&C site.
He said he will raise it to his manager and give me a callback... I don't think this is going to do sh#t. I've anyways decided to move forward with Jio.
Please update on how it goes.

I got the same reply from the customer care guy who kept on saying that it was not changed, was asked to refer to the ACT fibernet app which shows 3300GB.
Will have to check with the ACT in the next few days or we will get to know tomorrow once the app is also updated.

I wanted to ask why he went with Jio instead of Tata Play.
I had read reviews about Tata play fiber in Bangalore. Everything is good as long as your internet is working.

Moment it stops, their CC is a pain in the a**. Takes 4 days to come and check.
Also saw reviews where rain would affect Tata play fiber as well. If you’re moving houses (which I will in a few months), Tata Play support will take its sweet time.

Plus the default router they give isn’t really good at all.

All these forced me to go Jio.

At this moment, I am seeing the FUP is still 3300 GB.

Not sure why the new FUP limits were updated on the website.

Is this now applicable ONLY for new customers?

Please update on how it goes.

I got the same reply from the customer care guy who kept on saying that it was not changed, was asked to refer to the ACT fibernet app which shows 3300GB.
Will have to check with the ACT in the next few days or we will get to know tomorrow once the app is also updated.
This call never happened. They proceeded ahead with the disconnection.
Surprisingly they haven't yet come back for the Free router they had given.

This call never happened. They proceeded ahead with the disconnection.
Surprisingly they haven't yet come back for the Free router they had given.
Interesting.

I am kind of shocked that they are not even trying to do customer retention.

Anyways, I hope you have decent experience with JioFi ;)

Update:

ACT encourages responsible use of unlimited data by each of its subscribers. ACT believes that even when a subscriber chooses to use the Unlimited plans extensively he or she may not be able to consume the maximum data limit of 3300 GB per month or above as per the tariff plan subscribed (hereinafter referred as "Maximum Data Limit"). Any such usage over and above said Maximum Data Limit will be treated as abuse of Unlimited Data plans by the said subscriber.
It has been changed back to 3300GB.

Back
Top Bottom