• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,067

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Didn't knew where to post. So I am posting it here.

So help me understand. Google is such a big company. Can't they stop spamming. What's stopping them from censoring "Binod?" I am grieving on someone dying. We havs some individuals spamming with Binod on several post. This has been going on since months.

P.S. Was talking about youtube comments here.

Last edited:

So help me understand. Google is such a big company. Can't they stop spamming. What's stopping them from censoring "Binod?" I am grieving on someone dying. We havs some individuals spamming with Binod on several post. This has been going on since months.
As simple answer MONEY

P.S. Was talking about youtube comments here.
Nothing is stopping them but why should the word Binod be censored, I mean it is just a hilarious trend which got more popular with brands like Paytm and Netflix. It was also not bad, some Police departments used the trend to create awareness

Nothing is stopping them but why should the word Binod be censored, I mean it is just a hilarious trend which got more popular with brands like Paytm and Netflix. It was also not bad, some Police departments used the trend to create awareness
Okay, someone died. People are grieving. Then someone spams with the word Binod several times. How do expect people to react?

Viral or no viral. Deliberately allowing spamming on internet is wrong.

Okay, someone died. People are grieving. Then someone spams with the word Binod several times. How do expect people to react?

Viral or no viral. Deliberately allowing spamming on internet is wrong.
YouTube defines spam as content or correspondences that create a negative experience by making it difficult to find more relevant and substantive material. It can sometimes be used to indiscriminately send unsolicited bulk messages to people on YouTube.

'Binod' comments are spam according to this but the moderation of YouTube comments are not based totally on Google. Uploaders have more control over comments made on their videos. They can review those comments before it’s displayed or remove it altogether. The uploader can also "unmark" a comment as spam.

Manage spam in comments - YouTube Help

YouTube defines spam as content or correspondences that create a negative experience by making it difficult to find more relevant and substantive material. It can sometimes be used to indiscriminately send unsolicited bulk messages to people on YouTube.

'Binod' comments are spam according to this but the moderation of YouTube comments are not based totally on Google. Uploaders have more control over comments made on their videos. They can review those comments before it’s displayed or remove it altogether. The uploader can also "unmark" a comment as spam.

Manage spam in comments - YouTube Help
Uploader can't do anything when there are thousands or lakhs of people constantly spamming. Google needs to address the issue. Many live streamers have expressed angered over this.

There was a time when google removed thousands of spammy reviews from play store. They need to do same now too.

Uploader can't do anything when there are thousands or lakhs of people constantly spamming. Google needs to address the issue. Many live streamers have expressed angered over this.

There was a time when google removed thousands of spammy reviews from play store. They need to do same now too.
I have seen cleanup of many YouTube video comments where the channel was targeted by fans of another channel similar to what happens on play store.

YouTube already has features that you want like creators can add their own blacklisted words and all such comments even live ones will be blocked and held for review. Links can be blocked similarly as well and these settings are applied to all videos on that channel easily, it's all up to uploader.

Learn about comment settings - YouTube Help

I have seen cleanup of many YouTube video comments where the channel was targeted by fans of another channel similar to what happens on play store.

YouTube already has features that you want like creators can add their own blacklisted words and all such comments even live ones will be blocked and held for review. Links can be blocked similarly as well and these settings are applied to all videos on that channel easily, it's all up to uploader.

Learn about comment settings - YouTube Help
So we leave all the responsibility to uploaders. When genuine users are facing inconvenience because of spammers. There is no such thing call customer satisfaction.

So we leave all the responsibility to uploaders. When genuine users are facing inconvenience because of spammers. There is no such thing call customer satisfaction.
Not all responsibility, YouTube has disabled comments on Videos made for kids. They can place restrictions on you account if multiple comments are reported and found spam.

Not all responsibility, YouTube has disabled comments on Videos made for kids. They can place restrictions on you account if multiple comments are reported and found spam.
We will actually get to see the actual company's policy tomorrow.

PUxGBfN.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock