World Twenty20: Pakistan team to arrive in Kolkata tomorrow – Report

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
In the latest development to the long-drawn controversy pertaining to Pakistan's participation in the 2016 ICC World Twenty20, the 2009 champions will reportedly leave for India on Friday.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, the Pakistan cricket team will travel via Lahore and Delhi, then to Kolkata tomorrow.
After prolonged political harangue from different parties on the hosting of the high-profile India-Pakistan match at Dharamsala, the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) yesterday agreed to shift the venue to Kolkata.
For time being, it seemed to have resolved the issue, but the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) kept the team's departure on hold awaiting an assurance from the Indian government.

"Both men and women teams (departure) have been deferred. I have also informed this to the government because it has asked for my opinion," PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan said at a press conference yesterday.
His response came after ICC announced in New Delhi the relocation of Indo-Pak tie on March 19 from Dharamsala to Kolkata due to security reasons.
However, he welcomed the decision to move the venue.
"I have told them that Kolkata is fine as venue and we welcome and appreciate it. But the Indian government from their side must also give us an assurance on the danger," the PCB chief said.
"Pakistan government has not talked with the Indian government. This threat is on us so the PCB has talked with the Indian government. It is the PCB that is raising this issue with the BCCI, ICC and the government of India that this assurance should be given by India. We have not given any deadline," added Shaharyar.
It's worth noting that, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Virbhadra Singh had expressed concerns over security for the India-Pakistan match in Dharamsala, with many organisations objecting and threatening to hold the match in Dharamshala.
In between, Anti-Terrorist Front of India (ATFI) , which has been stridently opposing the Pakistan cricket team playing in India, on Wednesday threatened to dig up the pitch at Eden Gardens.
"Hosting of Pakistan in India is a grave insult to all our brave soldiers who were martyred in these attacks. We will not allow the match at any cost, we will dig up the Eden pitch, there will be massive protests," ATFI national president Viresh Shandilya told IANS.
"The ATFI now is holding a meet to decide our course of action. How can the Indian cricket board be insensitive to undermine the tears of widows of our martyrs? We will hold protests across Kolkata including the airport," he added.
The organisation had earlier also threatened to dig up the pitch at the HPCA stadium in Dharamshala which was scheduled to host the March 19 India-Pakistan match.

World Twenty20: Pakistan team to arrive in Kolkata tomorrow – Report | Zee News

Now this is insane,the match has been shifted on their consent but still they are not satisfied,I don't think they are in the mood of coming,they know the results so trying to avoid the defeats by not joining WC :huh

c0cac0782e4e8f3678790ca2ced3d0d3.jpg

kumarvishwas said:
Now this is insane,the match has been shifted on their consent but still they are not satisfied,I don't think they are in the mood of coming,they know the results so trying to avoid the defeats by not joining WC :huh

I have a question for you why Indian GOVT not take action against the extremist who openly threatens ???

Another group has threaten to dig the eden garden pitch

Every team has the right to make sure the security is there

Pakistan Team already has visited India without issue but its extremist who are creating problems

dreambox.pk said:
I have a question for you why Indian GOVT not take action against the extremist who openly threatens ???
Another group has threaten to dig the eden garden pitch
Every team has the right to make sure the security is there
Pakistan Team already has visited India without issue but its extremist who are creating problems

Arre bhai, Nothing will happen
The maximum that may happen is ink thrown on them.
Its not like they will be attacked in a bus with AK 47

ABCDEFGH said:
So u thinka that this ink throwing is nothing for these crickters.

bullsh*t. I think u need a Neuro doctor

ink throwing is itself a insulting gesture

So no country send their players for this kind of attack

ABCDEFGH said:

so true because wt 20 is not being held in Pakistan otherwise it would have attacked with AK 47 to snatch matches from Pakistan :)

M@zh@R said:
So u thinka that this ink throwing is nothing for these crickters.

bullsh*t. I think u need a Neuro doctor

ink throwing is itself a insulting gesture

So no country send their players for this kind of attack

This shows the mentality of one extremist group of Indians but their are few who wants to see India Pakistan contest

but now a days its being ruled by extremist group

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock