Windows 11 - News, Updates & Discussions

Additionally, Microsoft is working on a more rich photo viewing experience for File Explorer via a new "Gallery" area. Users should be able to mouse over to view larger previews of photos. I've also heard that Microsoft is toying with bringing "tagging" to File Explorer, which would allow users to organize and categories specific files using keywords and colors, similar to what macOS offers in its Finder app.

8bpVGrk.png

Yes tabbed file explorer is enabled for me. Actually tabbed file explorer was already available to anyone who installed the October Preview update. But, with this update, MS enabled tabbed file explorer for everyone.

a9nb3j0.png
On Windows 11 22H2, you can now enable tabs in File Explorer on version 22H2. The feature works just like in Microsoft Edge. You can open multiple tabs for each section of File Explorer, folder, or drive. Also, you have the option to create new or close open tabs, and the feature works in dark mode.

Cumulative update (KB5022913) for Windows 11 22H2 now available as an optional update for download.

It comes with new features, including a search bar, full view widgets panel, tabs in Notepad, screen recorder in Snipping tool, and more. Read the blog post below for more details.
Source

2023-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5025239) is now rolling out.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock