Windows 11 - News, Updates & Discussions

Doesn't look like Android support will come with the initial windows 11 release

Windows security not working in windows 11 .anyone facing this?
sXqyvGK.jpg

We did identify a set of PC models that meet the principles while running on Intel 7th Gen processors that we did not originally include in our minimum system requirements.
  • Intel® Core™ X-series, Xeon® W-series
  • Intel® Core™ 7820HQ (only select devices that shipped with modern drivers based on Declarative, Componentized, Hardware Support Apps (DCH) design principles, including Surface Studio 2)
After carefully analyzing the first generation of AMD Zen processors in partnership with AMD, together we concluded that there are no additions to the supported CPU list.

-----------------------------------------------------

What's new
  • Chat with Microsoft Teams now supports multiple languages.
  • Introducing the new Microsoft 365 Widget! This widget brings relevant documents, news and meeting recordings (with more to come!) to enterprise users. This widget will only be available if you are signed in with your AAD account on your PC running Windows 11.
  • Microsoft Store: A complete visual overhaul of the Library UI, with simpler navigation and better performance to boot.
  • Bug fixes.

Yesterday, we wrote how Microsoft’s Windows 11 won’t technically leave millions of PCs behind — the company told us it won’t actually block you from installing Windows 11 on a PC with an older CPU, so long as you download and manually install an ISO file all by yourself. But it turns out even that technicality has a technicality. Microsoft is now threatening to withhold Windows Updates from your copy of Windows 11 — potentially even security updates.
Microsoft is threatening to withhold Windows 11 updates if your CPU is old

Windows Store is finally much better now
Just the UI, not the store

Still full of Guide apps and even appear on home page

k6gZi1X.png

They removed recent activity. I used to check what apps got updated.

(Win 10 store)
zRZ2VSW.png

Where's the cancel button?

(Win 10 store)
gY00S1e.png

(Win 11 store) You can only pause/ resume.
c9rOG8K.png

Still full of Guide apps and even appear on home page
That page may appear differently for different users. I get apps and games on the home screen
They removed recent activity. I used to check what apps got updated.
Nice that they removed. Was never really accurate anyway. Whenever I opened that page, apps would usually show Modified recently where it wouldn't have been recently updated
Where's the cancel button
That might be a regression, but it's now in the library page where it shows the downloading apps. It's now moved to the overflow menu

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock