Windows 10 related News, Discussions and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,508
  • Views Views: Views 201,514
is this the updated version ???
4HvUb4U.png

windows 10 using lot of data... my limited 2.4 GB data exhausting very fast.
1.checked windows not updating in background. what to do next?
2. should I uninstalled McAfee (comes with Pre activated for 30days) and start using the windows default one?

windows 10 using lot of data... my limited 2.4 GB data exhausting very fast.
1.checked windows not updating in background. what to do next?
2. should I uninstalled McAfee (comes with Pre activated for 30days) and start using the windows default one?
Turn off delivery optimization.
Make sure Microsoft store apps are up to date. If not then, either update/uninstall or disable auto-update of store apps.
Windows Security (defender) is a lot better than McAfee. IMHO, you should uninstall McAfee.

What’s new in Build 19541
  • Location in-use icon update: we’ve updated the notification area icon for when an app is using your location.
  • Showing architecture in Task Manager: When you’re using the Details tab in Task Manager, we’ve added a new option to show the architecture of each process.
  • Cortana App Update
  • General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19541 | Windows Experience Blog

What’s new in Build 19541
  • Location in-use icon update: we’ve updated the notification area icon for when an app is using your location.
  • Showing architecture in Task Manager: When you’re using the Details tab in Task Manager, we’ve added a new option to show the architecture of each process.
  • Cortana App Update
  • General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19541 | Windows Experience Blog

I started updating my Laptop after seeing this post. That was one massive update. Was around 4 GB. The best part is the Location in-use icon update, can literally see when the location is pulled up and helps those who are concerned about privacy.

Some update is stuck at 86 %. Won't go beyond that and system shuts down. Not sure how to complete it.
You can try these:
  • Troubleshoot Windows update: Go to settings -> Update and security -> Troubleshoot -> Windows update
  • Use Reset Windows Update Tool
  • If the issue still persists, download and install updates manually
    • If you not are running latest version of Windows 10 (1909). Download ISO file via MCT -> Extract ISO file and double click setup.exe
    • If you are running Windows 10 1909, download latest cumulative update from here and update it.

Back
Top Bottom