Seeking Help Which Wifi Router to go for?

Shivpatel

Reaction score
Any please suggest me best router

price no issue

but WiFi range is important

speed 20 MBPS
Any cheap Dlink router would do more than enough then. Here with 100 Mbps speed i use dual band TP Link C6 router. It has four antennas and 2.4Ghz provides upto two floors coverage. 5Ghz band has single room coverage.

I won't just tell you a brand name and model number and say that's the best one. Rather i will tell how to pick the best one. Let this be a guide to choose the best router for our members to read.

Points to consider...
  • Wifi standard: the global standard is 802.11 but there are different versions - a, b, g, n, ac. Choose either n or ac. The N type can offer speeds upto 600mbps while ac can go beyond 1gbps. Although G type should be enough for you considering you have only 20mbps internet, pick a higher version to be future ready.
  • Single band or Dual band: single band routers operate only at 2.4ghz band which gives high signal quality but limited speed. Whereas 5ghz band provides high speed with lower signal quality. So, Picking a router which operates in dual band is wiser.
  • SU-MIMO vs MU-MIMO: SU provides rotating data delivery and MU devices provide simultaneous data delivery. although SU-MIMO is enough for most of our needs today, with the increasing growth of online gaming and OTT content MU-MIMO support would be better.
  • Ethernet connection speed: although many may not be using today, its still a important point to choose your router.
  • Connectivity ports: Choose the right product depending on whether you need RJ11 connectivity or RJ45 connectivity. Also having a USB port will really come in handy for file sharing over multiple devices.
  • Guest network support: most modern router come with this handy feature which lets you to share your wifi with guests visiting you, without actually worrying about your privacy/protection.
My recommended brands would be TP-Link and D-Link for budget models and Netgear and Asus for premium models.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock