Seeking Help Which telecom provides better indoor signal..?

Which telecom provides better indoor signal.?

• Total voters

Jagadeesh

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All.

I am currently using Airtel and there is no network inside my home (yes, 0 signal). I took the issue with Airtel. But it has been 2 weeks and still, I am waiting for a solution. They are just providing standard reply telling me that they are working on the issue.

My parents use Vodafone and Jio. They get bad to average signal but not like Airtel.

I changed my smartphone recently hoping for a better signal (and better smartphone too. Review coming here soon. Waiting for this issue to be solved) and still the signal level never improved.

I am looking to port if Airtel fails to solve the issue. I am not sure whether there is an issue with my SIM or coverage issues in my locality.

Which telecom has better indoor signal..? Please give me your views. Unfortunately, we don't have many numbers of telecoms now. I miss Aircel much now.

May be speed is less due to more people using at same time but Jio never disappoint indoor connectivity specially in calls.
I use Airtel and it provides pretty good indoor signals here, so voted for it on the poll. It varies from location to location. No network is good or bad everywhere.
True Airtel is good in my maternal village but not in my paternal village and my city Jaipur.

It varies from location to location. No network is good or bad everywhere.
I agree.

I believe it depends on how close to a tower your building is.

Suggestion:
As a work around, until Airtel resolves the situation in your area, for the time being, try changing your network preference in Settings from '4G/3G/2G' to '3G/2G', or even just '2G'. If the signal strength improves (it usually does) after you do this, you could keep it this way whenever you are home. We are not going to be using mobile data at our homes anyway (Meaning, I am assuming that you have a broadband connection in your home). In other words, this workaround is not really going to be a downgrade of any sorts, in my opinion. You could change the Setting back whenever you are in a better network coverage area, and in need of mobile data.

Last edited:
changed my smartphone recently hoping for a better signal (and better smartphone too. Review coming here soon. Waiting for this issue to be solved)
BTW, what mobile did you end up buying?

I recently bought a mobile, that actually has a faulty antenna by design. Most of the times, it receives low signal from 4G towers. The signal levels are better from 3G/2G towers. The phone company says they are working on it to resolve the issue. I have low hopes, though.

The device is Fusion+.

Even in your case, I would suggest you to try using the Sim Card in a different device. As you have tried that already, try getting a Replacement Sim Card from Airtel. This way, you can be sure that the Sim Card itself, isn't an issue either.

Replacement Sim Cards can be requested from the Airtel Selfcare website (after logging in using your mobile number), or using the Airtel Thanks app (from the Help and Support section), or by visiting the nearest Airtel Store.

BTW, what mobile did you end up buying?

I recently bought a mobile, that actually has a faulty antenna by design. Most of the times, it receives low signal from 4G towers. The signal levels are better from 3G/2G towers. The phone company says they are working on it to resolve the issue. I have low hopes, though.

The device is Fusion+.

Even in your case, I would suggest you to try using the Sim Card in a different device. As you have tried that already, try getting a Replacement Sim Card from Airtel. This way, you can be sure that the Sim Card itself, isn't an issue either.

Replacement Sim Cards can be requested from the Airtel Selfcare website (after logging in using your mobile number), or using the Airtel Thanks app (from the Help and Support section), or by visiting the nearest Airtel Store.
There are no issues with the devices. I tested multiple devices and still, Airtel gives no signal. When switched down to 2g/3g, The result hasn't improved much. Mostly no signal agian.

Airtel general takes more time to resolve the signal issues. I had a similar issue and during that time, airtel engineer visited my home and took some readings. Later it was confirmed signal coverage issue was there and they promised it will be fixed within 6 months. But actual they took almost 2 years to resolve it.

In your case, I would suggest get a SIM replacement to rule out the SIM issue. Also, check for the mobile signal booster solution, I have seen such solution are used in the basement of the high rise building.

if not, get a BSNL SIM and see if it's feasible for you. BSNL good for voice calls but poor in Internet connectivity.

Airtel general takes more time to resolve the signal issues. I had a similar issue and during that time, airtel engineer visited my home and took some readings. Later it was confirmed signal coverage issue was there and they promised it will be fixed within 6 months. But actual they took almost 2 years to resolve it.

In your case, I would suggest get a SIM replacement to rule out the SIM issue. Also, check for the mobile signal booster solution, I have seen such solution are used in the basement of the high rise building.

if not, get a BSNL SIM and see if it's feasible for you. BSNL good for voice calls but poor in Internet connectivity.
Thanks for the suggestions. Surprisingly, BSNL has full network coverage inside my home.

I will check about booster solutions.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock