Discussion Which was your first telecom provider?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 8,762
1. Hutch
2. 2005
3. One of my collegue friend was there so he made me buy that sim

4. Till date I have had the following SIM

Airtel - 4 (kerala, TN, Karnataka and Airtel Hotspot)
Vodafone - 1
Idea - 1
Bsnl - 1
Docomo - 1
Uninor - 1
Videocon - 2
Virgin - 1
Aircel - 2
T24 - 1
Jio - 2

I still miss my Uninor number as I got a really fancy number for free while Uninor launched in India and forgot to port it before it expired. I loved the customer service of Videocon in Kerala think it was one of the best. I loved the Virgin mobile offer of being paid 20p/min for incoming calls. Aircel I got 2 SIM free in offer.

I still use the Docomo sim now Airtel (main SIM all banks, UPI and calls) and Jio for 5G Internet still have BSNL sim coz it has a nice mobile number from CYMN offer

Reliance Smart in 2004, but after 3-4 days took Hutch as Reliance wasn't working in my city of job.
Still remember my Hutch number: 97320 87***

Last edited:
@Endgame bro. Please remove the number. It could be recycled as someone else's number.

1. Hutch
2. 2005
3. One of my collegue friend was there so he made me buy that sim

4. Till date I have had the following SIM

Airtel - 4 (kerala, TN, Karnataka and Airtel Hotspot)
Vodafone - 1
Idea - 1
Bsnl - 1
Docomo - 1
Uninor - 1
Videocon - 2
Virgin - 1
Aircel - 2
T24 - 1
Jio - 2

I still miss my Uninor number as I got a really fancy number for free while Uninor launched in India and forgot to port it before it expired. I loved the customer service of Videocon in Kerala think it was one of the best. I loved the Virgin mobile offer of being paid 20p/min for incoming calls. Aircel I got 2 SIM free in offer.

I still use the Docomo sim now Airtel (main SIM all banks, UPI and calls) and Jio for 5G Internet still have BSNL sim coz it has a nice mobile number from CYMN offer
Doesn't uninor number remained same during Telenor and eventually Airtel?
I've 2 Uninor numbers (consecutive) in 2010, which are still active as Airtel.
I didn't port, went to Airtel store and took Airtel sims ( maybe they did the porting themselves).

Doesn't uninor number remained same during Telenor and eventually Airtel?
I've 2 Uninor numbers (consecutive) in 2010, which are still active as Airtel.
I didn't port, went to Airtel store and took Airtel sims ( maybe they did the porting themselves).
In Kerala I got message to port didnt port it on time

Are they still providing email to sms feature? You would get an Email id like phonenumber @ operator.com. if anyone send email to this id, it would show in your sms inbox.

I remember Airtel used to have it back in the day.

My Father's First SIM was BPL in 1997 when they were introduced. Then they were revamped to Hutch and Later to Vodafone. In 2019 We Port to Airtel

I got my First Sim in 2013 to Vodafone Postpaid. I used to Pay 999 rs PM for 3 mobile Plans with my family. Then I got my second Sim to Jio in 2016. In 2019 I migrated to Airtel with my Family. The Service was good back then to Vodafone.

I got my first SIM in 2006, it is Airtel and still using Airtel as primary. During corona WFH time, took Jio as it has better upload speed in my village

• JT Mobile ⏭️ Airtel
  • CellOne ⏭️ BSNL Mobile
  • Hutch ⏭️ Vodafone IN ⏭️ Vi India
  • AIRCEL
  • TATA DOCOMO
  • Unitech Wireless ⏭️ Uninor ⏭️ Telenor
  • Reliance GSM
  • Virgin Mobile
  • MTS datacard
  • Reliance CDMA datacard
  • Jio
Used all of these. Jio is primary now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock