Discussion Which was your first telecom provider?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 8,761

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
What a day! I was thinking about creating a thread about Mikey McCleary awesome Vodafone jingles on DreamDTH today. Than I saw Hutch trend on twitter along with that were post of some old sim cards of almost all old operators. I got bit nostalgic. So I decided to create this thread.

Please answer the following.

1) Which was your first telecom provider?

2) In which year did you got your that sim?

3) What tempt you choosing that operator over other operators? Knowing that we had way more than Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL back than.

4) What's your opinion about defunct operator like Aircel, Docomo, Reliance etc? How would market be today if they still existed?

1. BSNL
2. 2009
3. Because of vodafone vas scam my father had vodafone at that time they cut ₹5 daily without any notification costing ₹150 a month for nothing he then threw the sim and opted for BSNL and suggested me to use only govt services since private companies are evil.
4. I'm glad these operators are gone all they do is buy and hoard spectrum they only provide service in cities and urban areas. If you're from rural or semi urban area no coverage for you. It also leads to monopoly of other main operators all over the state. Eg: In Kerala docomo,aircel and idea awarded 3g spectrum but only idea able to provide state wide 3g coverage leading to monopoly

What a day! I was thinking about creating a thread about Mikey McCleary awesome Vodafone jingles on DreamDTH today. Than I saw Hutch trend on twitter along with that were post of some old sim cards of almost all old operators. I got bit nostalgic. So I decided to create this thread.

Please answer the following.

1) Which was your first telecom provider?

2) In which year did you got your that sim?

3) What tempt you choosing that operator over other operators? Knowing that we had way more than Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL back than.

4) What's your opinion about defunct operator like Aircel, Docomo, Reliance etc? How would market be today if they still existed?
1. Vodafone/Idea.
2. 2012
3. Their 3G coverage and quality was better than Airtel
4.Reliance was great, but Anil Ambani ruined it. I still believe Anil Ambani was better businessman than Mukesh Ambani. Docomo was great operator as well. It made me help to call US at 1paisa per second. Aircel was great too. 225 unlimited calls+SMS+2G data. As a college going student it was blessing for WhatsApp on Nokia 6233/5233. I don't even remember in what I used that card. Was not on my name.

1.BSNL and using that number as primary too and still its bsnl.
2. 2009 when I was in 1st year 1st sem in college.
3. Because My father was BSNL(earlier DOT) employee.
4. Aircel 14rupee data pack helped me to download lot of song movie in my college life and also helpful for long conversation at night with friends. At that time docomo used to give 6 GB data for 30days for just 97 rupee. I used that service very much.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock